Maintenance Tech B Shift
Company: Daily's Premium Meats
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: November 6, 2019
SUMMARY: Apprentice-level Technician, performing maintenance,
troubleshooting and repair work including, but not limited to:
mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic production and
facility systems and equipment. Additional obligations include
facility beautification through handyman repairs, grounds
maintenance, and property cleanliness and upkeep.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned. The successful candidate:
* Is able to learn to read and demonstrate competency in
interpreting equipment manuals, drawings, schematics, blueprints,
and work orders to perform required maintenance.
* Demonstrates progressive abilities to perform emergency repairs
on production equipment to keep lines operational at all times.
* Trains to perform scheduled maintenance and repairs of production
equipment, including the identification and replacement of failed
components such as bearings, belts, motors, power/control lines,
* Demonstrates aptitude to learn to diagnose problems and failures,
and repairs or replaces parts as required.
* Demonstrates progressive abilities to dismantle/disassemble
defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired
parts, using specifications and/or blueprints, precision measuring
instruments, and hand tools.
* Demonstrates aptitude to adjust various types of devices and
* Demonstrates progressive understanding of facilities, systems,
and component functions and relationships, and becomes competent in
their troubleshooting and repair.
* Demonstrates progressive competencies in facility repairs and
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or
preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Food or Medical plant experience is preferred, as well as
knowledge of and compliance with GMP, and food manufacturing best
* Having previously installed, knowledge of, troubleshot and
repaired electrical and mechanical systems, including 480v and
below, and control voltage/systems is a plus.
* Basic hydraulics/pneumatics experience is a plus. Previous
blueprint/schematics reading is a plus.
* Experience in a fast paced, cold, wet production environment.
* Able to interface and cooperate well with production line workers
and supervisors, with a strong customer service mindset.
* Strong commitment to communication that promotes teamwork,
collaboration with others, and sharing knowledge with Production
Operators and fellow teammates.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Mandatory ability to speak, understand, read and
write in English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to
practical situations preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to perform your responsibilities in
situations that are physically demanding, tight fitting, wide
temperature ranging, and noisy. Must be able to lift/carry up to 50
pounds. Must be able to use ladders, scissor and aerial lifts, and
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate but sometimes very loud. Space temperatures may
range from below freezing to triple digits.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Able to work extended work schedules
including weekends and overtime.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Visit the following URL for ore information:
Keywords: Daily's Premium Meats, Saint Joseph , Maintenance Tech B Shift, Professions , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!