B Shift Maintenance Technician
Company: Daily's Premium Meats
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: June 14, 2019
SUMMARY: Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repair work
including, but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, pneumatic
and hydraulic production and facility systems and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned. The successful candidate:
* Is able to read and interpret equipment manuals, drawings,
schematics, blueprints, and work orders to perform required
* Provides emergency repairs on production equipment to keep lines
operational at all times.
* Performs scheduled maintenance and repairs of production
equipment including replacement of failed components such as
bearings, belts, motors, power/control lines, etc.
* Diagnoses problems and failures, and repairs or replaces parts as
* Dismantles/disassembles defective machines and equipment and
installs new or repaired parts, using specifications and/or
blueprints, precision measuring instruments, and hand tools.
* Adjust various types of devices and control systems.
* Understands facilities, systems, and component functions and
relationships, and is competent in their troubleshooting and
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or
preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Minimum five years of experience in an industrial maintenance
* Food or Medical plant experience is preferred, as well as
knowledge of and compliance with GMP, and food manufacturing best
* Having previously installed, troubleshot, and repaired electrical
systems, including 480v and below, and control voltage/systems.
* Ammonia Refrigeration experience preferred.
* Basic hydraulics/pneumatics experience.
* Experience in a fast paced, cold, wet production environment.
* Able to interface and cooperate well with production line workers
and supervisors, with a strong customer service mindset.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Mandatory ability to speak, understand, read and
write in English.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to
practical situations preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to perform your responsibilities in
situations that are physically demanding, tight fitting, wide
temperature ranging, and noisy. Must be able to lift/carry up to
[50 pounds. Must be able to use ladders, scissor and aerial lifts,
and climb stairs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate but sometimes very loud. Space temperatures may
range from below freezing to triple digits.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Able to work extended work schedules
including weekends and overtime.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Visit the following URL for ore information:
Keywords: Daily's Premium Meats, Saint Joseph , B Shift Maintenance Technician, Professions , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!