Company: Nestl-- Purina
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: March 11, 2019
For thirty years, Nestl-- Purina has been proud to call St. Joseph, MO home. Since 1985, our wet dog and cat food factory has provided employment, and a special home for many of our associates who work passionately each day to annually produce 30 million cases of Fancy Feast-- and 10 million cases of Beneful-- Prepared Meals two flagship Purina brands. Joining the Purina factory in St. Joseph means you are joining more than a pet food company, but also a very driven and close-knit team focused on safety, personal growth, development and community. Our attention to safety and quality, matched by a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and renovation, helps us to attain our fullest potential.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, your role in the bigger picture is to manage the preventative and routine maintenance to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. You will handle projects that span the spectrum of electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatics, and welding responsibilities. So, if youre up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. Well always challenge you to think: Whats Next?
- Electrical troubleshoot using PLC and replace (repair) electrical components on all types of equipment and machinery within the plant.
- Hydraulic troubleshoot, isolate and identify problems then repair equipment and machinery. A sample would entail putting a seal kit in hydraulic cylinder or hydraulic spool valve.
- Mechanical troubleshoot and replace bearings, repair gearboxes and overhaul; remove repair and install parts on all machinery.
- Welding Knowledge of MIG, TIG and ARC welding to repair parts and/or equipment and ability to solder items in shop.
- Pneumatics similar to hydraulics however troubleshoot and repair would pertain to air for example working with valves.
- Working with lathes and hand tools.
- Adhere to all plant specific safety rules and policies including lock out/tag out test out requirements for safety. Must turn off machines and isolate prior to troubleshooting and repair.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Complete assigned work-orders which requires the use of a computer.
- Regular attendance at team meetings.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience (Years/Type): 1 or more years of related maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial, technical, automotive or military environment OR an Associates degree.
Relocation assistance or a signing bonus may be provided to qualified candidates.
To our veterans and separated service membersyoure at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestl-- Purina. The skills youve gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope youll consider sharing in our missionyoull join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestl-- Purina home.
Keywords: Nestl-- Purina, Saint Joseph , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!