35G Imagery Analyst
Company: Army National Guard
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: March 10, 2019
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, and as an Imagery Analyst for the Army National Guard, those words could protect the lives of U.S. personnel in the field.
National Guard Imagery Analysts examine and interpret imagery information about enemy forces, and provide commanders with accurate battlefield data. This information is absolutely necessary to plan for our national defense. In this role, you will work with other intelligence specialists to gather and study images and information required for designing defense plans and tactics; analyze aerial and ground photographs, as well as electronic imagery of foreign ships, bases, missile sites, and industrial facilities; identify enemy weapons and equipment defenses; and study land and sea areas that could become battlegrounds in time of war.
• Produce intelligence by analyzing images, fixed/moving targets, and geospatial data
• Identify military installations, facilities, weapon systems, military equipment, and defenses
• Determine the location and dimensions of objects
• Conduct Battle Damage Assessment
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Planning overhead and aerial imagery collection
• Preparing maps, charts, reports, and Geospatial-Intelligence
• Using computer systems and imagery exploitation software
• Analyzing fixed/moving target indicators, geospatial data, and overhead/aerial images
• Interest in reading maps and charts
• Gather and analyze information
• Ability to think, speak, and write clearly
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with engineering, mapmaking, mining, land evaluation, and construction companies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an Imagery Analyst requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 22 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT) and on-the-job instruction, including practice in intelligence gathering. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Saint Joseph , 35G Imagery Analyst, Professions , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!