Surgery/Endoscopy Technician Full-Time
Company: Surgery Partners
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: November 25, 2022
DescriptionSt. Joseph Center for Outpatient Surgery is a
multi-specialty ambulatory surgical center serving St. Joseph, MO
and the surrounding area. We strive to give our patients quality
outpatient care in a state-of-the-art medical facility.
We're looking for a Full-Time Surgery/Endoscopy Technician to join
our fast-paced center.
St Joseph Center for Outpatient Surgery Benefits:
- Team Oriented Atmosphere
- Full Time and Part Time Profit Sharing twice a year
- 4 Additional Floating holidays per year
- Employer HSA contribution for HDHP
- 401K matching after 1 year of service
- Full Time/Part Time Medical, Dental, and Vision offered
To demonstrate knowledge of strict aseptic technique to provide the
safest, most optimum care to each patient. To assure quality care
of patient in the Operating/Procedure Room. To assist the Surgeon
with instrumentation and anticipate his/her needs. To provide care
based on needs of individual patients including but not limited to
adult, pediatric, adolescents, and geriatric.
Reports To: Director of Nursing
Licensure as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse in the
State of Missouri; or
Certification as a Surgical Technologist is preferred
Demonstrates ability to stand and/or walk at least five hours per
Demonstrates ability to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a
Demonstrates ability to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular
Endoscopy procedure room experience preferred
Specialty knowledge preferred: Orthopedics, Podiatry, ENT, GI, and
Category I exposure to bloodborne pathogens, frequent exposure to
chemical hazards and may encounter radiation hazards.
- Selects instrumentation/equipment appropriate for
- Checks room for cleanliness, availability of supplies and
equipment at the beginning of the day.
- Open sterile packs and supplies, using surgeon's preference
card for specific requests. Use supplies conservatively and
- Scrub hands and arms according to Sterile Scrub Techniques
Policy. Dons sterile gown and gloves, maintaining sterile
- Sets up back table and mayo using surgeon's preference card as
a reference for instruments, medications, etc.
- Maintains proper sterile technique when gowning and gloving the
Surgeon. Assists with draping of patient and confirms the operative
area and procedure with the surgeon.
- Attaches light handles and hands-off to circulating nurse the
appropriate equipment to begin the procedure. (Example: bovie,
suction, light source, camera).
- Performs sponge, needle and instrument counts with Circulator,
- Brings mayo stand and back table with assistance from the
circulating nurse up to the operating room table.
- During procedure:
- passes instruments to surgeon and the assistant
- is attentive to operative area by being alert for breaks in
- maintains an attitude of willingness to assist with the
- is aware of location of all instruments, needles, sponges and
- Keeps mayo and back table neat and orderly.
- Cares for the specimen following Operating/Procedure Room
policy and procedure.
- Assists the Surgeon with dressings at end of
- Breaks down back table. Dispose of sharps in accepted manner.
Removes and accounts for all instruments used in field. Carries
soiled instruments to processing room to soak or wash.
- Keeps delicate instruments separate from heavy items.
- Follows proper procedures regarding exposure to Category I
tasks. Universal precautions /BBP standards in effect at all times.
Eye protection will be worn by all Surgery Center scrubs at all
- Follows proper procedures for handling hazardous waste
- Follows appropriate PreOp/Admitting policies and
- Prepares soiled instruments for cleaning. Decontaminates and
reprocesses in steam autoclave.
- Takes clean instruments to work room for reprocessing.
- Puts unused sterile instruments and supplies away.
- Puts all other supplies away and helps to straighten up the
- Helps to stock the operating/procedure room.
- Ability to assist in Gastroenterology cases as needed.
- adheres to the endoscopy procedure requirements and technician
functions approved for the Facility.
- applies the principles of aseptic technique and prescribed
operating/procedure room procedures to competently perform
endoscopy technician functions.
- performs required maintenance of instruments, supplies and
equipment by adhering to cleaning, care, utilization and
sterilization procedures as directed.
- Assists with any other duties as deemed necessary.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Saint Joseph , Surgery/Endoscopy Technician Full-Time, Professions , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!