Surgery/Endoscopy Technician PART-TIME
Company: Surgery Partners
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: November 21, 2022
To demonstrate knowledge of strict aseptic technique to provide the
safest, most optimum care to each patient. To assure quality care
of patient in the Operating/Procedure Room. To assist the Surgeon
with instrumentation and anticipate his/her needs. To provide care
based on needs of individual patients including but not limited to
adult, pediatric, adolescents, and geriatric.
Reports To: Director of Nursing
Licensure as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse in the
State of Missouri; or
Training for Operating Room Technician
Certification is preferred
Endoscopy procedure room experience preferred
Specialty knowledge preferred: Orthopedics, Podiatry, ENT, GI, and
Category I exposure to bloodborne pathogens, frequent exposure to
chemical hazards and may encounter radiation hazards.
- Selects instrumentation/equipment appropriate for
- Checks room for cleanliness, availability of supplies and
equipment at the beginning of the day.
- Open sterile packs and supplies, using surgeon's preference
card for specific requests. Use supplies conservatively and
- Scrub hands and arms according to Sterile Scrub Techniques
Policy. Dons sterile gown and gloves, maintaining sterile
- Sets up back table and mayo using surgeon's preference card as
a reference for instruments, medications, etc.
- Maintains proper sterile technique when gowning and gloving the
Surgeon. Assists with draping of patient and confirms the operative
area and procedure with the surgeon.
- Attaches light handles and hands-off to circulating nurse the
appropriate equipment to begin the procedure. (Example: bovie,
suction, light source, camera).
- Performs sponge, needle and instrument counts with Circulator,
- Brings mayo stand and back table with assistance from the
circulating nurse up to the operating room table.
- During procedure:
- passes instruments to surgeon and the assistant
- is attentive to operative area by being alert for breaks in
- maintains an attitude of willingness to assist with the
- is aware of location of all instruments, needles, sponges and
- Keeps mayo and back table neat and orderly.
- Cares for the specimen following Operating/Procedure Room
policy and procedure.
- Assists the Surgeon with dressings at end of
- Breaks down back table. Dispose of sharps in accepted manner.
Removes and accounts for all instruments used in field. Carries
soiled instruments to processing room to soak or wash.
- Keeps delicate instruments separate from heavy items.
- Follows proper procedures regarding exposure to Category I
tasks. Universal precautions /BBP standards in effect at all times.
Eye protection will be worn by all Surgery Center scrubs at all
- Follows proper procedures for handling hazardous waste
- Follows appropriate PreOp/Admitting policies and
- Prepares soiled instruments for cleaning. Decontaminates and
reprocesses in steam autoclave.
- Takes clean instruments to work room for reprocessing.
- Puts unused sterile instruments and supplies away.
- Puts all other supplies away and helps to straighten up the
- Helps to stock the operating/procedure room.
- Ability to assist in Gastroenterology cases as needed.
- adheres to the endoscopy procedure requirements and technician
functions approved for the Facility.
- applies the principles of aseptic technique and prescribed
operating/procedure room procedures to competently perform
endoscopy technician functions.
- performs required maintenance of instruments, supplies and
equipment by adhering to cleaning, care, utilization and
sterilization procedures as directed.
- Assists with any other duties as deemed necessary.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Saint Joseph , Surgery/Endoscopy Technician PART-TIME, Professions , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!