Farm Maintenance Technician
Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Farm Maintenance Technician
The Farm Maintenance Technician maintains and repairs physical
structures of company buildings in accordance with company policies
and procedures by performing the following duties.
- Perform preventative maintenance on
- Correctly identify and write down parts needed to
build/complete projects to update and maintain the equipment and
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair, potable water, and
ventilation systems and their components throughout the
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair farm equipment, hydraulic,
pneumatic, and electrical systems, piping systems, and general
- Perform general mechanical work including installation,
fabrication, and repair.
- Ensure work is done in accordance with all farm policies and
- Follow all guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures for the
- Follow all safety rules and policies.
- Wear proper safety equipment as required, including but not
limited to wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment,
- Receive written work orders or verbal instructions from the
- Maintain and repair buildings' plumbing and electrical systems,
including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches or
- Maintain a parts inventory.
- Repair or replace building brick, stone, and concrete.
- Maintain and repair wood parts of buildings.
- Assist other departments with moving furniture, supplies and
- Understand and effectively follow all Company policies, Company
procedures, and laws on restricted items.
- Occasional weekend and on call duties as required by the needs
of the operation and the supervisor.The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to
be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- Associate degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electrical or
related field preferred.
- 1-2 years mechanical/maintenance experience, required.
- Possess good mechanical skills, including repair of gearboxes,
- Knowledge of AC/DC controls and power electricity
- Knowledge of Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and Piping Systems.
- Experience in Fabrication and welding.
- Ability to sketch, read, and understand technical drawings and
- Basic mechanical, electrical and plumbing skills are
- Basic computer skills
- Customer service skills
- Must have a current Driver's License.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, grip, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; stoop;
kneel; crouch; crawl; sit; climb; or balance.
- The employee will regularly work at elevated heights and in
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to
seventy-five pounds or more and regularly lift and/or move up to
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits. PEOPLE MATTER More than 63,000
employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair,
ethical and rewarding work environment. GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
professionally. BENEFITS Our people matter. That's why we offer
excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time
employees. SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE Sustainability is ingrained in our
culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to
producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's
leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a
portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield,
Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more
information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Saint Joseph , Farm Maintenance Technician, Professions , Coffey, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!