Specialist, Production Execution Systems
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Specialist, Production Execution Systems supports leadership in
the implementation and day to day operation of functional area
and/or cross functional process improvement initiatives and
projects related to the core monitoring and documentation systems
for Production. Acts as SME in all ERP functionality regarding
usage of XSteps SAP Technology, MES (Manufacturing Execution
System) Functionality and SAP Master Recipes. Supports production
departments as needed with processes thereby impacting economic
growth potential, reducing market risk and supporting departmental
throughput, outcome and results.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively
contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our
products to our patients and customers. Our global presence
provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Provides floor level support with qualification programs, OJT
training, SAP / MES system use. Mentor coworkers through the
process of continuous improvement. Assist with planning,
scheduling, and performance of job task analysis.
- Supports functional area and/or cross functional process
improvement initiatives and projects. Actively participates on
project teams. Responsible for prioritizing and implementing
tactical production solutions and/or techniques aligned with
departmental metrics, business objectives, and production
strategies. Actively apply BPE and AAI principles in working
through identified improvement initiatives.
- Assist in day-to-day troubleshooting of SAP and MES systems
and/or processes as deemed appropriate by management. Supports SOPs
and CAPA implementation and revisions related to equipment and/or
processes within production.
- To support new product launches and revision of printed
components, maintain master recipes to update XSteps, author and
revise MES MBRs (Master Batch Records) and review all other
relevant information within recipe. As necessary for product
launches, complete change control action items.
- As needed, assist with batch record evaluation and template
implementation across production departments. Create, maintain and
review XSteps for Packaging. Assist in creation and maintenance of
MES MBR's. Implement MBR updates due to CAPAs, floor requests or
other initiatives. Meet to review changes with stakeholders on a
routine basis and utilize change control process where
- As needed, maintains Master Recipes in SAP and MES including
XSteps SAP Technology, operations, resources, BOMs and labor
standards. Facilitates SAP/ERP and MES systems training including
the use of real time transactions.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in
Microbiology, Biology or related scientific field and a minimum two
(2) years of experience in cGMP Aseptic production, Bio
manufacturing, pharmaceutical or similar manufacturing
- In lieu of a degree, six (6) years of experience supporting
relevant production processes in a cGMP manufacturing facility or
- SAP Key User Certification preferred.
- Prior experience with MES system preferred.
- Experience in ERP inventory control system(s)is preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS office applications including Word,
Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applicable software applications
utilized in production and/or packaging.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant production and/or packaging,
techniques and equipment is preferred.
- A working knowledge of cGMP, EU and OSHA guidelines as they
pertain to implementing process improvements to production and/or
- Ability to follow systematic continuous improvement
methodologies and the willingness to identify, define, and
implement process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to train others and complete OJT/training
assessments is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of multiple software systems, as well as
capability of understanding manufacturing processes across
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious
accommodation. Click here for more information on the vaccine
mandate and COVID-19.
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one
clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop
breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas
of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family
owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by
50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and
inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is
key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in
our effort to make more health.Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal
opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a
diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives
and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our
employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's
actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair
texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national
origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender,
gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical
or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth
or related medical condition; genetic information (including the
refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or
characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Saint Joseph , Specialist, Production Execution Systems, Professions , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!