Production Supervisor- St. Joseph - (12346)
Company: Silgan Containers LLC
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: January 13, 2022
> Silgan Containers the leader in the metal food packaging
industry is seeking experienced professional production supervisors
to join our team. Joining our team of professionals provides growth
opportunities and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package
in a stable company and industry. Position Summary: -
- Production Supervisors are required to successfully complete
3-6 months of technical training provided by Silgan Containers. -
This will include writing reports and discussions with plant
management to ascertain an understanding of can/end manufacturing
processes and equipment.
- Production Supervisors work in our high-speed, state of the art
manufacturing facility. This position will be required to work
rotating shifts, including weekends.
- The Production Supervisor will lead and direct hourly employees
with day-to-day instructions to meet production goals and line
- Utilize lean manufacturing and 5S principles to improve the
- Supervising in a work team environment challenging the hourly
workforce to move toward self-directed work teams.
- Effective communication skills are essential in both a written
and verbal format.
- Focus on Safety and Quality in all aspects of the manufacturing
- Further advancement opportunities depend on individual
leadership, management ability and the capacity to assume greater
responsibility. Essential Job Functions: Required to learn,
understand, and positively impact the five Key Plant Control
Factors of Safety, Quality, Standard Operating Procedures, Employee
Relations, and Continuous Improvement. - 1. - -Safety -
Train/enforce on safety procedures/rules. -Active involvement in
employee safety, - - - - - -equipment guarding and ensuring overall
safe workplace -2. -Quality - Apply SPC principles and basic
quality tools (i.e., diagrams, flow/run/control charts, - - - - - -
-analysis, etc.). - - 3. -Standard Operating Procedures -
Understand, use, and train employees on SOP's. -Must - - - - have
the ability to lead manufacturing unit through use of SOP's. - 4. -
-Employee Relations - Must have effective communication skills that
enable the ability to - - - - direct/assign work assignments in
compliance with the collective bargaining agreement and - - - -
cultivate a positive work environment. -Supervisors are expected to
develop and mentor - - - - employees. - - -5. -Continuous
Improvement - Foster an environment conducive to achieving
continuous - - - - -improvement/lean objectives. -Must have ability
to operate in a lean manufacturing - - - - -environment utilizing
5S and other continuous improvement tools. - Job Requirements
Essential Job Requirements: EDUCATION: -
- Must have a minimum of a High School or equivalent
- Trade School and/or education beyond High School is a plus. -
- Skilled trades experience (machinist, mechanic, millwright,
tool and die, electrician) or engineering experience is highly
- Seeking individuals with mechanical and technical
- 1-3 years' experience in a production supervisory capacity
desirable. - -REQUIRED SKILLS: - -
- Must have strong communication skills, ability to effectively
influence others, and problem-solve. -
- Strong Leadership skills with ability to develop others. -
- Performance management.
- Statistical knowledge.
- Computer skills - ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Visual mechanics (blue prints and descriptions).
- Experience working in a Union environment and familiar with
grievance process. - -PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Individuals must be able to work different shifts, weekends,
and overtime -
- Limited travel required from time to time -
- Must be physically capable of walking, standing, lifting,
flexing, bending, and climbing -as - necessary to carry out -
- Individuals will spend -much of the day (85% +) on the
production floor - this is not a sit behind the desk position
- Work environment contains heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals,
and high-speed -manufacturing equipment - LIMITATIONS AND
DISCLAIMER The above job description is meant to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed; it is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All
job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may
exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to
the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by
their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will"
basis. Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider
applicants for all positions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the
presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance
of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation
of any other protective status. Silgan is a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Silgan Containers LLC, Saint Joseph , Production Supervisor- St. Joseph - (12346), Professions , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!