Company: JE Dunn Construction
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: August 23, 2019
Best people + right culture. These are the driving forces behind JE
Dunn's strategy for success. By hiring the best people we can find,
giving them interesting and challenging work, and letting them
share in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to
grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to get
the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document
collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We
make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the
best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives
through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired
people like you to join us in our pursuit of building
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
SUPERINTENDENT FAMILY - CORE
- Leads all aspects of the company's safety culture and creates
awareness by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment
through individual actions and mentoring others. Investigates
safety incidents and retrains staff and needed.
- Provides management of subcontractors and organization of the
overall job and workflow.
- Manages and oversees company staff, subcontractors, suppliers
and programs such as Safety, Quality and EEOC for a small project
or a major portion of a larger project.
- Develops work plans for subcontractors and self-performed
- Coordinates and manages the care, custody and control of the
- Leads various meetings including daily standup and weekly trade
- Attends, manages and participates in appropriate progress
and/or project OAC meetings.
- Creates, manages, changes and implements the project's schedule
as needed, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- May be responsible for tracking and monitoring project budget
and costs by using the project management system's cost reports and
data from the project manager.
- Communicates key project information to owners, design team,
governing authorities, subcontractors, suppliers and other
- Follows the project filing and documentation organization
system as dictated for the project. Updates drawings, logs, diaries
and inspection notebooks.
- Approves and/or records unit cost information for weekly
reports and completes daily reports, logs and tracking
- Evaluates progress on self-perform work and make adjustments as
- Manages material and equipment needs for the project.
- Supports the MOC (Material and Other Costs) and DLSC (Dunn
Logistics Service Center) procurement and approval
- Assists in the selection of the formwork, tools and equipment
necessary to complete self-perform operations.
- Manages timecard approval process to ensure reporting of
accurate hours and proper cost codes.
- Ensures quality compliance through use of specifications,
setting quality standards, in-house QA/QC and outside
- Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch
activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect
and governing authorities.
- Gains understanding of the project pursuit process and
- Participates with the field operations leadership and the
project team to put together a project pre plan; implements,
monitors and adjusts as needed throughout the project
- Partners with field leadership to establish field staffing for
their assigned project.
- Partners with project management to identify schedule and costs
associated with project changes.
- Participates in the negotiation process with the owner and
architect to gain agreement for project changes.
- Participates with the project team in preparation and
presentation for all project review meetings, including the monthly
review process and other key project meetings.
- Participates in the project buy out meetings with
subcontractors and vendors.
- Understands and applies the terms and conditions of the owner
and subcontractor contracts for the project.
- Responsible for identifying and recruiting top talent.
- Leads, supports and promotes a culture of diversity and
inclusion within JE Dunn.Understands JE Dunn's policy of
non-discrimination and ensures positive, proactive implementation
throughout the organization.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
In addition, this position will be responsible for the
- Manages the largest, most complex stand-alone and/or multiple
complex projects from initial planning to completion.
- Provides management and/or oversight to multiple projects and
- Provides input, leads and executes company and regional key
- Participates in the development of relevant company training
content. Responsible for the selection and development of internal
subject matter experts.
- Effectively delivers leadership messages to multiple audiences
both internally and externally.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Advanced).
- Ability to conduct effective presentations (Advanced).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply fundamentals of the means and methods of
construction management to projects.
- Thorough knowledge of project processes and how each supports
the successful completion of a project.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend
- Proficiency in project management and accounting software
- Proficiency in required JE Dunn construction technology
- Proficiency in scheduling software (Intermediate).
- Ability to apply Lean process and philosophy
- Knowledge of specific trades and scopes of work
- Knowledge of self-perform and labor productivity
- Ability to manage budgets, maximize profitability and generate
future work through building relationships (Advanced).
- Knowledge of organizational structure and available
- Ability to understand document changes and impact to the
- Knowledge of layout skill (Advanced).
- Knowledge of crane flagging and rigging (Advanced).
- Knowledge of productivity rates and cost management skills
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team,
internally and externally.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or
related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant
experience will be considered.
- 15+ Years construction experience (Preferred).
- 15+ Years field supervision experience (Preferred).
- 15+ Years experience managing projects (Preferred).
- 5+ years people management experience (Preferred).
- Experience with Lean principles (Preferred).
At JE Dunn, you'll receive an abundance of resources dedicated to
ensuring your success and future development
Whether it's our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), company
wellness program, or modern workspaces, we put the satisfaction of
our employees at the forefront of everything we do.
Award-winning benefits package
Named one of Plan Sponsor Magazine's 2015 Plan Sponsors of the
Year, JE Dunn's employee benefits package ranks among the top of
our peer group, meeting and exceeding standard expectations.
Professional training opportunities
Our employee development team works full-time to create growth
opportunities across the company. We encourage employees to take
command of their own development, and we make sure they have what
they need to take that next step.
Corporate and personal involvement in the communities in which we
work is simply part of the job--JE Dunn as an organization is proud
to donate over 10 percent of our pre-tax earnings to charities
around the country each year.
JE Dunn Construction is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. JE Dunn
Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes
from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee
of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement
will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn
Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Keywords: JE Dunn Construction, Saint Joseph , General Superintendent, Other , Kansas City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!