Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: November 24, 2018
Description: Description\: Independently plans strategies for studies to reach goals and milestones.? Designs and executes experiments or studies that follow? templates, or creates improved and novel? study designs that? lead to new approaches for supplying product attributes or product goals.? Fulfills a role as a subject matter expert in representing his/her function and providing communication on Biologicals R&D new vaccine project core teams.? Contributes technical approaches and scientific support to regulatory affairs in meeting regulatory requirements.? The primary scope of responsibility is as a technical leader within their immediate function and secondarily within a multidisciplinary project team. As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Independently initiates and coordinates strategic scientific experiments with a predefined goal including developing new methodologies, protocols and/or test procedures that contribute to core group/research goals and reflect expert knowledge. May direct and oversee experimental study design and data analysis/results of? and junior-level scientists.
- Develops an understanding of R&D team goals and works effectively toward achieving them. The individual assumes departmental responsibility for projects within multi-disciplinary international development Core Teams for the effective development of pharmaceutical projects. Interacts with International Project Leaders within the Core Team in reporting of project progress, including budgetary responsibilities to steering committees.
- Prepares clear technical reports, publications and oral presentations. Independently communicates results in the form of reports and/or presentations. Presents responsibly and defends own work at meetings. May deliver updates to senior-level management in context of overall project goals. Contributes and presents project related topics within Regulatory forums (FDA).
- Develops expertise in a specific project-relevant area or technology. May provide guidance and expertise to advance specific projects or evaluate and propose new technologies and concepts in support of multiple projects.
- Keeps abreast of relevant literature. Develops visibility outside of functional area and effectively interacts scientifically with Key Opinion Leaders in relevant fields of concern. Effectively liaises internally with cross-functional stakeholders (Sales & Marketing, Legal, Finance, Operations), to communicate and align expectations.
- Assumes responsibility for direct reports as needed including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing scientific staff.
- Complies with all applicable regulations. Ensures that work performed in area of responsibility is conducted in a safe and compliant manner. Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies.
- Contributes to departmental administration; demonstrates fiscal responsibility with respect to cost of experiments/studies, technology, external collaborations and travel. Manages study budgets ( Requirements\:
- Doctoral degree (D.V.M.,PhD, or MD) in veterinary science?or related field required
- 4 to 6 years? experience leading people and projects required
- Research methodology experience.
- A minimum of five years of broad experience in a related field with a proven track record of successfully implementing or investigating technologies and adding value to the organization or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates industry-leading knowledge of field.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an inter-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Biologicals/pharmaceutical life cycle process.
- Experienced in project/program management.
- An analytical thinker.
- Exhibits business and technical knowledge.
- Fosters innovation.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Possesses a customer service orientation, delivering results and executing in a fast and focused manner. A problem solver.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with a quality orientation. Strives for business process excellence.
- A collaborative team player. Values diversity and inclusion.
- Accepts accountability and ownership.
- Exhibits integrity and trust.
- Board Certification a plus. Eligibility Requirements\:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older Our Culture\: Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world?s top 20 pharmaceutical companies and operates globally with approximately 50,000 employees.? Since our founding in 1885, the company has remained family-owned and today we are committed to creating value through innovation in three business areas including human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing.? Since we are privately held, we have the ability to take an innovative, long-term view.?? Our focus is on scientific discoveries and the introduction of truly novel medicines that improve lives and provide valuable services and support to patients and their families.? Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. We are also deeply committed to our communities and our employees create and engage in programs that strengthen the neighbourhoods where we live and work.? Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc.?is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.? All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law. Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Saint Joseph , SR Scientist, Other , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!