GI Registered Nurse (PRN)
Company: Surgery Partners
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: November 25, 2022
DescriptionSt. Joseph Center for Outpatient Surgery is a
multi-specialty ambulatory surgical center serving St. Joseph, MO
and the surrounding area. We strive to give our patients quality
outpatient care in a state-of-the-art medical facility.
We're looking for a GI Registered Nurse (PRN) to join our fast
St Joseph Center for Outpatient Surgery Benefits:
- Team Oriented Atmosphere
- 401K matching after 1 year of service
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Endoscopy - PRN
To assess and prepare each patient prior to their procedure. To
maintain patient safety, comfort and privacy. to reassess patient
after the procedure and discharge with instructions when stable.
Ensure that all equipment is set up and functioning properly prior
to procedure. All equipment will be cleaned and maintained
according to established procedures.
- Licensure as Registered Nurse in the state of MO
- ACLS Certified
- Minimum 2 years experience in Endoscopy for Tech
- Demonstrates ability to stand and/or walk at least five hours
- Demonstrates ability to lift and/or carry over 20 pounds on a
- Demonstrates ability to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular
- Assess each patient on admission, include baseline vital signs,
allergies and prior pertinent history. Have patient change into
gown and remove dentures, partials or glasses, if
- Check to be sure a consent form was signed and that the patient
understands the procedure.
- Check that the patient completed the appropriate prep.
- Start IV, preferably in right arm, using protective equipment,
then position patient.
- Monitor patient during procedure while assisting
- Assess patient post procedure.
- Discharge patient when alert and stable. Review discharge
instructions with patient and family/friend.
- Set up equipment for each procedure, check that all equipment
is functioning properly prior to the procedure.
- Clean and disinfect equipment after each procedure. Restock and
reorder supplies as needed.
- Follow proper procedures regarding exposure to Category I
- Follow proper procedures for handling hazardous waste
- Leakage test scopes on a daily basis.
- Check crash cart on a daily basis.
- Complete chart (endoscopy notes) for each patient. Fill out
appropriate specimen forms and log in laboratory book.
- Make followup phone calls on all patients from the previous day
and document on the Nurses Notes form. Make notation in the
schedule binder. If any complications, note in the back of the
schedule binder and report to the Operating Room
- Follow appropriate PreOp/Admitting policies and procedures.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Saint Joseph , GI Registered Nurse (PRN), Other , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!