Production Intern OSU - HPD
Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Production Intern OSU - HPD
US-MO-PRINCETON - US-MO-NEWTOWN
College student employed during semester break or track to be
exposed to the various activities of Human Resources within a large
corporation setting. Engaged under the supervision of the
appropriate department leader and Intern Coordinator while
learning/performing duties and responsibilities of a particular
- Gains a general understanding of work
processes, how these processes interrelate to overall company
- Performs tasks of hourly positions and project manager in the
functional area where assigned. Tasks are specified on Intern
Development Plan. Includes: Process Improvement, collecting data
for statistical tracking projects include turnover, safety trends,
labor law issues, EEOC compliance, training, and recruiting.
- Develops and establishes rapport/relationships with all
personnel and management.
- Develops and prepares required final report and presentation
based upon experiences encountered and findings of individual
department project or workflow process. Report wills address/share
opportunities for improvement.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as defined by
management according to standards.
- Possesses ability to lift up to 50 pounds, do frequent
stooping, bending and climbing, walk, speak, see and hear.
- Possesses ability to work a flexible schedule including weekend
- Responsible for being in compliance with all environmental laws
and procedures to which Murphy Farms, Inc. subscribes.
- Report all environmental issues immediately to their
- Read and understand the company's emergency notification
process and will be responsible for reviewing that policy at their
- Serve on committees as directed to include: transportation,
feed manufacturing, animal welfare and employee relations.The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other
duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- 4-year college degree in Animal Science or related Agricultural
field of study, or equivalent supervisory experience and/or
previous swine experience; or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Must be able to work an average 48 hour week, which can vary
- Weekend, evening, and holiday work required as needed.
- Must shower in and out of farm facilities daily
- Ability to lead others
- Ability and willingness to relocate to complete training and
assume first managerial assignment
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits. PEOPLE MATTER More than 63,000
employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair,
ethical and rewarding work environment. GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
professionally. BENEFITS Our people matter. That's why we offer
excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time
employees. SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE Sustainability is ingrained in our
culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to
producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's
leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a
portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield,
Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more
information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Saint Joseph , Production Intern OSU - HPD, Other , Princeton, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!