Packaging- Second Shift
Company: Michael Foods Inc.
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Business Unit Description: Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in
the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that s First in
Food. Location Description: Michael Foods, Inc. located in Lenox,
Iowa and often called the "Pearl of the Prairie" is where you can
find small town living, focused on family and friends, with big
city amenities not far from reach in Des Moines, Omaha, and Kansas
City. Located in southwest Iowa, Taylor county, with a population
of around 1400, the Lenox area reaches far beyond the city limits
with beautiful and productive fields of corn, beans, and other
croplands. Lenox holds an amazing four day Rodeo every July and is
home to a beautiful 36-9 hole golf course, several fishing and
boating lakes, great area hunting, a beautiful city park with
swimming pool, and many picnic parks. The MFI location in Lenox
produces primarily pre-cooked egg patties. With its friendly
atmosphere, safe environment, and progressive spirit, Lenox is a
great place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
Responsibilities: POSITION SUMMARY:The purpose of the packer is to
pack finished high quality frozen egg products in cases according
to customer specifications. The packer fills and folds omelets and
prepares them for freezing; monitors and picks off defective egg
products that do not meet customer specifications. Customers and
the public benefit from the work packers do by the high quality
safe product they package.This position has the responsibility to
comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation
to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies,
procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are
followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce
product and process variability.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sort and pack frozen egg products according to customer
specifications while keeping pace with machinery and the conveyor
- Read scales and check case weights according to customer
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. safely.
- Work in teams ensuring that the conveyor system does not back
up and become jammed with product.
- Rotate to different positions during shift.
- Determine if product meets proper specifications or not and
take corrective action as needed.
- Assist in the general good housekeeping of the area.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP and HACCP
guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product
quality is maintained.
- Report to management any conditions or practices that may
adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications: SKILLS AND
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and withstand
- The ability to repeatedly lift and carry 30 lbs. and
occasionally up to 50 lbs. safely.
- The ability to work indoors, on hard surfaces, in changing
- Ability to travel stairs.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic verbal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP s) and Safety
regulations and wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.LANGUAGE
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable
words and to recognize similarities and differences between words
and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.MATHEMATICAL
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10 s and 100 s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American
money and weight measurement, volume and distance.REASONING
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in oral form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable
in standardized situations.EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- No prior experience or training
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc., Saint Joseph , Packaging- Second Shift, Other , Clearfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!