Health Information Services Clerk
Company: Heartland Health
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Health Information Services Clerk
- Health Information Services
- Temporary Status
- Day Shift
- This position assists with the completion, maintenance and
release of information comprising patient medical records in
accordance with HIPAA.
- This position works under the supervision of the Manager or
Clinic Manager and is employed by Mosaic Health System.
- Constructs medical records, placing health information
documentation in the medical record in correct order and sequence.
Analyzes medical records to identify and obtain missing information
or documentation. Flags documents requiring signature or
- Analyzes medical records for completion following medical staff
Standards, Joint Commission, CMS and DOH guidelines.
- Receives and scans DPOA's and advanced directives in a timely
manner. Scans documents into patient's charts.
- Retrieves microfilm medical records for patient care and review
and routes appropriately.
- Releases information to internal/external customers and is
knowledgeable to Federal and State regulations, assisting customers
with completion of written requests. Prepares billing for external
customers and monitors monthly. Prepares cash deposit weekly.
- Other duties as assigned
- All required education is a minimum requirement. Higher levels
of education are acceptable. High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Keywords: Heartland Health, Saint Joseph , Health Information Services Clerk, Other , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!