Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an)
Surgery Scheduler? At Kansas City GI & Hepatology Re, you come
first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs
to support our incredible team members over the course of three
At Kansas City GI & Hepatology Re, we want to ensure your needs
are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package
that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along
with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Surgery Scheduler like you to be a
part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Surgery Scheduler for our practice who provides
clerical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality,
efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support
each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels
patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply
What you will do in this role:
- Obtains CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis codes and other clinical
information as required for treatment of the patient from practice
staff; seeks assistance from practice and Facility Coders as
determined through practice and facility processes.
- Prepares documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare
Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and follows
practice procedures to maintain this documentation.
- Determines O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with
Facility to ensure procedure is scheduled, daily schedule is
streamlined and arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as
determined through Facility processes. Ensures all requirements for
the procedure have been obtained and confirmed with the Facility or
other parties to include medical/imaging records and needed
- Ensures scheduling packets are correct and timely.
- Obtain patient face sheets from Insurance Verification to
obtain necessary authorizations based on insurance types.
- Obtains authorization notes from Facility and scans into
medical record or practice management system.
- Collects necessary and appropriate physician and practice fees
associated with the procedure.
- Verifies/confirms physician is credentialed at the Center or
Facility before scheduling the patient.
- Ensures efficient coordination of provider clinic and Facility
schedule which could include awareness of providers schedule and
coordination of provider time-out, travel, meetings, conferences
and continuing medical education.
- Refers conflicts and procedural questions to Practice Manager
or designee as they arise.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as
- Cross-trains as back up to other business office positions as
- Performs other general duties as assigned.
- Maintain surgery logs or other required practice or case
What Qualifications you will need:
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting
highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital,
doctors office) preferred
- BLS may be required as per practice standard
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment,
practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist
integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than
1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA
Healthcare's graduate medical education leader. We provide
direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship
programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These
solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We
support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent
years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent
Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Surgery
Scheduler opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.