Non-Certified Anesthesia Technician
Company: Heartland Health
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: June 7, 2021
- Non-Certified Anesthesia Technician
- Operating Room Department
- Part Time Status
- Day Shift
- This position performs duties under the supervision of a
licensed anesthesia provider, and reports to the Director of ORSPD.
This position assists the licensed anesthesia provider in clinical
settings such as: the surgical suite, obstetric suite, radiology,
PACU, ICU, Cath Lab, MRI, GI Lab, Emergency Room, and other areas
as deemed necessary to accomplish our mission. This position is
employed by Mosaic Health System.
- Sets-up, checks, and maintains anesthesia machines and
monitoring equipment following manufacturer instructions. Complete
quality controls monitors related to anesthesia equipment and
instrumentation and maintain records as directed.
- Cleans, tests, and stocks anesthesia equipment and supplies
between procedures. Orders supplies, drugs and equipment. Manages
anesthesia workroom and carts.
- Disposes of contaminated materials or clean, disinfect or
provide for sterilization of anesthesia instrumentation.
- Possesses a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology as
they apply to anesthesia care. Differentiates between General,
Regional, and Monitored Anesthesia Care, and provides appropriate
assistance to Anesthesia provider in implementation of Anesthesia
Plan of Care.
- If licensed LPN or RN IV Certified: Prepares and administers
medications, monitors patients' response to medication and reports
data under the supervision of the Anesthesiologist.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- BLS certification required.
- Previous OR experience preferred.
Keywords: Heartland Health, Saint Joseph , Non-Certified Anesthesia Technician, Other , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!