Why Join Altec?
Machinist - Off Shift
There are openings for 2nd/3rd Shift Machinists in St. Joseph,
Missouri. The machinist will mount and unmount parts into machining
fixtures. Operate CNC machining center to establish drilling,
tapping, boring, facing, milling of parts to meet
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Machine operating experience
- Ability to work 2nd and/or 3rd shift
- Prefer some technical vocational school training. Programming
background would be preferred.
- Operate CNC machining equipment or Fiberglass machining.
- Operates the Gang drill and radial arm drill as needed.
- Operates other machinery to include punch press shear as
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints, calipers and determine
& measure critical dimensions and tolerances.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Operates overhead crane and hoist to position material at
- Operates forktruck as required.
- Operates a machine Lathe, horizontal mill, keyseater, etc, as
- Follows all established safety policies and practices.
- Support APS initiatives - Lean Manufacturing
- Rotate responsibilities as needed.
Altec offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience,
that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Building on 85 years of success, Altec specializes in the
design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger
derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in
over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative,
financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting
the standard of excellence.
Customer First Enjoyment of Work Family Financial Stability
Integrity People Are Our Greatest Strength Quality
Spiritual Development Teamwork
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity
employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain,
develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful
consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or
local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from
unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are
treated with respect and dignity. EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled
Veterans, please visit Altec's Veteran Career site at