Company: Mondelez International, Inc.
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With
You will develop professional relationships with our customers
and optimize base sales, NPD & promotions. You will ensure great
visibility in retailers and delivery of sales capabilities. Your
drive will lead you to deliver the field KPI's and hit your annual
How you will contribute
- Ensure a maximum visual impact and an optimum shelf
availability through merchandising techniques.
- Implement and monitor promotional activities.
- Point of buying materials placement and implementation.
- Report on activities.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the
following experience and knowledge:
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Solid knowledge about sales and negotiation processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Sales experience required, preferably FMCG/CPG
- Perseverance and attention to details
Primary location: Des Moines, IA
Secondary locations: St Joseph, MO
Disclaimer: To be considered for this position, you must live
within 40 miles range from the primary location.
Salary compensation fixed rate: ($35,000) subject to relevant
Schedule: Monday - Friday occasional weekends
Disclaimer: To be considered for this position, you must have
the flexibility to adjust to the established schedule.
The Sales Associate (SA) is a full-time Sales position that is
designed to build a world class Direct Store Delivery (DSD)
business at the retail level. A major objective of this role is to
establish and maintain rapport with key store individuals while
providing outstanding customer service, maximizing sales,
conducting effective planning & order-writing; as well as
supporting and completing activities such as merchandising &
shelf-pricing. The Sales Associate exploits selling opportunities,
company programs, and strategies to positively influence the sale
of Mondelz International products to retail stores on a variety of
territories while covering the vacation or leave of absence of a
- Training for the Sales Representative role. Develop complete
knowledge of Mondelz products, systems, and procedures, including:
sales objectives, campaigns and promotions, sales brochures and
order guides, sales presentations, sources of product and
distribution, and proper merchandising concepts.
- Inventory Management/Order Writing. Develop skills in
order-writing and managing inventory.
- Stock Shelves and Rotate Product. Work in conjunction with the
Merchandisers to ensure inventory is fully-stocked, rotated and
presentable at all times.
- Sales. Sell new products, displays, and promotions at store
level, as well as build and maintain displays.
- Territory Management. Cover open Sales Representative
territories as part of career development.
- Travel. Overnights hotel stays may occur when covering out of
Benefits and Compensation:The Sales Associate role is designed
to be a transitional role into the Sales Representative role. This
position offers a comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefit
package, in addition to paid vacation, holidays, 401(k) match and
Employee Assistance Program benefits. Also offered is a competitive
compensation package, the Sales Associate is also eligible to
participate in an incentive program & company vehicle, which
includes a gas card and vehicle maintenance program.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Demonstration of strong and effective communication skills
- Flexibility with the ability to change schedule on a daily
basis to meet the demands of the business
- Ability to identify and solve problems with minimal guidance to
minimize disruptions to the business
- Self-starter: Ability to work independently
- Selling and Inventory Management: Fully using sales, order
management systems and technologies to ensure exceptional customer
- Promotions/Merchandising: Identifying opportunities to use
promotional and merchandising techniques to develop and support
- Utilization of innovation and creativity in generating new and
unique ideas and solutions that capitalize on opportunities to
benefit customers and Mondelz International
- Ability to form customer partnerships that exceed expectations
and help customers identify and execute the appropriate strategies
for their business success
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet and
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelz
International family with a significant employee and manufacturing
footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to
provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment,
made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing
and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic
brands-including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins
and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids
confectionery products -are close at hand for our consumers across
Mondelz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require
accommodation to participate in the job application process may
contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Keywords: Mondelez International, Inc., Saint Joseph , Sales Associate, Other , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!