Team Lead - Lift Operations - Winter Seasonal
Company: Snow Creek Ski Area
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak. As a
Lift Operations Team Lead you are responsible for staff
supervision, training and development. This position will maintain
high expectations and accountability towards employee/guest safety,
customer service and operational excellence. A day in the life of a
- Schedule your staff to appropriate stations within your zone on
- Deliver safety meetings, convey resort updates and perform
active warmups with a 40-50 operator staff.
- Train and supervise proper opening procedure and maze
- Communicate effectively to dispatch and other mountain
operations departments to ensure accurate opening times of the
- Maintain your team's level of professionalism and standard of
excellence according to our guest service expectations.
- Observe and improve the loading techniques of new employees to
ensure the highest degree of safety for our guests.
- Assist the department Leads with their task to provide
duty-free breaks and lunches according to California law.
- Train how to use a variety of tools to reshape snow surfaces to
specification. Keep track of the department's inventory and
maintain the working condition of our equipment. Help the
supervisor with ordering supplies.
- Encourages a safety culture with your team and set a goal of
zero work related injuries.
- Track team member's hours worked and make appropriate decisions
to keep labor costs accurate to volume.
- Correctly coach and discipline when needed. Work closely with
the assistant managerand the manager to complete all documentation
according to HR expectations.
- Make certain your lift terminals are shut down correctly and
that all state documents are completed and filed.
- Other duties as assigned by management. Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED. Possess a valid driver's
- Haveadvanced ski/snowboard ability.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs., climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch,
crawl, stand, walk, push, pull, grasp, feel, hear, see, repetitive
motions. Must be able to adhere to an early morning starting
- Be ableto work up to 10 hours in all winter weather conditions
at altitude (7800' - 9800').
- Minimum one season of previous Lift Operations supervisory
- Able to use MS Office Proficiently.
- Comfortable with seeing/hearing/feeling explosions used for
avalanche mitigation. Having opened for business less than 30 years
ago, Snow Creek has already converted thousands of first-timers
into lifelong skiers and riders. Join our team and continue
creating epic experiences for guests at Kansas City's premier
winter destination. Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other status protected by applicable law. Requisition
Keywords: Snow Creek Ski Area, Saint Joseph , Team Lead - Lift Operations - Winter Seasonal, Other , Weston, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!