Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: February 23, 2021
We are seeking a detail oriented, results-driven resident
construction engineer to inspect and manage a large, complex road
construction project in Maryville, MO. The successful candidate
should demonstrate extensive experience in road construction,
flatwork, utility relocation and installation, and ADA
requirements. You should be comfortable working with contractors
and stakeholders to make sure that the construction phase of the
project adheres to the contract documents. You will also help
coordinate with the GC to ensure that the work is completed on time
and within budget. Resident Construction Engineer
- Managing and performing the daily QA/QC checks to ensure the
project is constructed in accordance with the established
- Help ensure that the construction project is completed on time
and within budget.
- Verify structural integrity, compliance with construction
documents, codes and regulations.
- Monitoring traffic control measures.
- Monitoring and documenting construction progress daily.
- Very and enforce construction standards and code
- communicating with general contractor and subcontractors for
proper interpretation of the construction documents.
- Verifying the contractor has appropriate safety procedures in
place and is following the procedures.
- Maintain logs and reports as required.
- Attending progress meetings as required.
- Presenting construction project progress updates to clients and
- Assisting City staff and the public with inquiries.
- Identifying solutions to any construction complications as they
- Keeping the project manager informed of progress and any issues
that may arise.Resident Construction Engineer Requirements:
- 5-10 years' experience as a construction engineer, construction
manager, construction inspector or related field of
- Demonstrable knowledge of road construction, flatwork, utility
relocation and installation, and ADA requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry regulations.
- Minimum 10 HR OSHA construction safety certification (30 Hr
- Exceptional leadership, project management, decision-making,
and problem-solving skills.
- Great mathematical, organizational, and time-management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Availability to work odd or long hours a required, including
evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction
management, or similar preferred. About Aerotek:We know that a
company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an
individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a
Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Saint Joseph , Inspector, Other , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!