Posted on: August 6, 2022
Automation Programmer & Service Engineer (Northeast Kansas)
This Jobot Job is hosted by Heather Burnach
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $100,000 - $140,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are a leading international manufacturer of custom seed
treatment equipment and the only full-service operation of its
kind, priding itself on true craftsmanship and seeking out the best
in the business. We make customization a reality instead of mass
producing equipment that doesn't meet the individual needs of our
customers. We are committed to lead the industry by providing
top-of-the-line, innovative and user-friendly products for
Based in Northeastern Kansas, our in-house welders, fabricators,
assemblers, mechanical and electrical engineers, control panel
technicians, product development teams, training and installation
crews, and national sales force allow us to stand alone in the seed
Continual improvements ensure top-of-the-line quality in everything
we manufacture. The 90,000+ square foot facility houses
state-of-the-art equipment, including high powered laser and
water-jet cutting machines, robotic welding capabilities, a full
powder-coating line with a multi-component liquid paint booth, and
a facility for training and group visits.
Cutting edge programming, software and successful site integration
are utilized in the design and implementation of each product.
Developing user-friendly software is critical as is providing
Why join us?
Health Savings Account
Short Term Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flexible Paid Time Off
10 Paid Company Holidays
This person will serve the team as one of the program developers
and will be responsible from time
to time for project management activities. This person may be asked
to provide technical
direction, coordination, and leadership on a project basis for
other control engineers, draftsmen,
and technicians. This position reports to the Electrical
Engineering & Service Manager.
Pay adjustments are not given at the time of performance
evaluations. A complete
company pay review is conducted once a year and appropriate pay
made at that time.
- Education Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or
similar degree in another
discipline with relative experience in Control Systems and
Automation or solid, well
rounded experience in this field.
- License/Certification Required Valid Driver's License
- Experience Two to five years experience in a similar position
is beneficial but not
required. Proven experience with any of the following PLC's
B&R, Allen Bradley, GE,
Schneider, Siemens, etc is a plus. Proven experience with HMI
such as Automation Studio, RSView, Wonderware, Vijeo Designer,
database development, etc. is also a plus. Proven experience with
process control is a
plus. Additionally, any previous experience working with seed/grain
handling and/or an
OEM in a similar setting is a plus.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Must be detail oriented,
capable of multi-tasking in
a high intensity environment and have excellent computer skills.
Must be self
motivated, results and team oriented, and able to readily maneuver
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are necessary.
troubleshooting skills on process problems. Must have excellent
customer service skills.
- Physical Must have a full range of body movements including use
of hands and the
ability to lift 50 lbs. The senses of sight, speech (English) and
hearing are required.
Vision abilities must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer
screens to printed
Duties and Responsibilities
- Automation Programming & Service
- Assist with Customer service phone and travel support as
needed, maintaining a
professional, empathetic and customer focused approach. This may be
responsibility for certain portions of the year.
- Responsible for following system scope definition for
implementation of new designs. Some level of involvement in
defining the system
scope may be required.
- Responsible for developing sequence documents as needed for
Keep up to-date with technological advancements to improve
efficiency and product
- Assist with innovation and vision for future product
- Provide support to Manuals Coordinator on manual design for
troubleshooting sections of USC product manuals as needed.
- Follow currently established programming and graphics standards
along with other
defined department and company procedures.
- Maintain and ensure compliance of system documentation.
- Prepare and execute software test plans and/or
- Assist with commissioning & start-up of automation systems as
- Assist in training engineers, technicians, operators, and end
users as needed.
- Ability to accept and implement changes to historic practices
- Willingness to lead by example in terms of dedication and
availability when need
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Saint Joseph , Automation Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Sabetha, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!