Traveling Field Service Technician - Up to $25 + per diem
Company: Windstream Communications
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING
NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing
of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top
priority.**This Position Follows a Union Bidding Process**About the
Role:Windstream's team of Field Service Technicians are vital team
members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that
connects homeowners, small business, enterprise and carrier
partners across the United States. Our team of Field Service
Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to
products they value. Through providing technical expertise and
customer support, our Field Service Technicians create meaningful
connections with customers that create long-term relationships.What
- Install and repair residential and business communications
services including telephone, internet, and video.
- Train and work with tools and test equipment to provide service
of multiple different technologies and network designs.
- Recommend products and services that resolve their
- Work in both buried and aerial plant requiring pole climbing
and ladder skills.
- Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service
- Work in both inside and outside environments.
- Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards
- You will report to the Manager of Local OperationsEven Better:
- Customer service or sale experience.
- Certifications or training directly related to the
- Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics, or the
equivalent in work experience.Our Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Participation in Windstream's benefit plans by employees in
bargaining units is subject to the terms of their collective
bargaining agreementAbout Us:Windstream is a leading provider of
advanced network communications and technology solutions for
consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier
partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services,
including broadband, security solutions, voice, and digital TV to
consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified
communications and managed services to business and enterprise
clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local
and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 150,000
Job RequirementsDo You Have?
- Basic technology and math skills.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable.
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, capable of working aloft.
- Ability to successfully complete required safety training.
- Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including
day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Ability to respond to after hour call-outs.
- High School Degree or GED equivalent.
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At
Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our
people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected
veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship
status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full
consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected
veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation
and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to
post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Windstream Communications, Saint Joseph , Traveling Field Service Technician - Up to $25 + per diem, IT / Software / Systems , Clarinda, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!