PHP Team Lead
Posted on: February 22, 2021
aware3 is seeking a PHP Team Lead to join our engineering team.
If are looking for your first leadership role, this might be the
one for you. At aware3, we believe in the power of community-minded
organizations. We help those organizations grow their impact by
making it easy to engage anytime, anywhere. Our mobile-led strategy
includes customized mobile apps, communication, and online giving.
We help churches (under our aware3 & CFT brands), schools (under
our FACTS brand), & nonprofits engage and grow their communities
through text, web, & branded apps. If you love a friendly &
supportive team who is always questioning the limitations, we're
your team. You can read more about our values over on the company
About Us page (https://aware3.com/careers ). aware3 strives for a
balanced Agile methodology. If you're interested in our
perspectives on all this, here's our Tapas Teamwork blog post
(https://a3a.me/cWbXT ). As a team, we expect ourselves to write
readable and testable code. We don't give bonus points for writing
code in the fewest number of lines. Stars are earned when another
team member can easily hop in and understand code; gold stars for
test coverage. PR's and pair programming are a part of daily life.
This position is full-time and can be Fully Remote or partial
remote near one of our offices (once they reopen... which... not
yet!) in Kansas City, Denver, and Providence. We are presently
growing from a 21-person Engineering department to a 31-person
department. Your first task will be to staff up this new team by
hiring 3 PHP developers. There will be a companion front-end team
being built simultaneously. Responsibilities
- You hire for the team.
- You conduct regular 1:1s with members of the team, helping
track and advance their careers.
- You know your technology's practice area well.
- You design the technical implementation of an epic, and then
break it down into small, workable tickets.
- You freely give technical guidance and assistance as
- You dive in to tackle tickets; because it's a small team.
- You coordinate with the several other teams to deliver value to
production in an organized fashion. Requirements
- Patience, humane consideration, and ravenous listening.
- Deep experience in modern in PHP development. Nice-to-Haves
- Experience leading a team. If you don't have management
experience, we can help train you on that skill.
- Experience designing software systems, breaking down epics into
- Familiarity with bash, Docker, AWS ECS, and CodePipeline.
- An interest in Human-Centered Design and UX excellence. Our
Tools & Technologies
- PHP (Laravel and Slim), MySQL, Caching, Queues, Events, &
- Codeception, PHPunit, Chromedriver.
- Vue, Knockout, Webpack, Grunt. Karma, Mocha, Chai, BackstopJS,
- Twilio, Sendgrid, Firebase, and more. We embrace new tech and
best practices frequently. Our Hiring Process
- Work sample request.
- Chat with hiring manager (30-60 minutes)
- Skills interview with a panel (60 minutes)
- Come help our clients engage and grow their communities
- Annual salary range is $75k - $110k, commensurate with
- Free health insurance (associate-only, bronze plan, meets
requirements). Very affordable rates if you add on from there.
- 401k w/ 4% match
- Unlimited vacation (PTO) w/ a minimum
- Paid parental leave
- Company laptop provided + remote office setup stipend We
believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective
perspective that will lead to a better company and better products.
We seek to continue our diversity journey and we actively encourage
everyone (yes, you!) to consider becoming a part of the team. Our
21 person engineering team is presently: 29% women, 33% POC, 24%
LGBT+, and 19% neurodiverse. Our growing, dedicated team works both
remotely, and (where there's not a pandemic happening) in an open
environment in-office. This full time position is available for
both remote candidates and those in cities where we have an office
(Kansas City, Denver, Providence). Remote candidates need to be
located +/- 2hrs to America/Chicago time zone, and eligible to work
in the US. We have a casual work environment with a collaborative
and supportive team dynamic. No recruiters, staffing firms, or
contractors, please. PS: We've had some deliverability issues with
Gmail users lately. If you're using Gmail, please whitelist all
@aware3.com email addresses like this: https://a3a.me/6443e to make
sure you get all our correspondence.
Keywords: Lever, Saint Joseph , PHP Team Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Oregon, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!