Team Leader, APU3 (Mon-Fri, 3PM-11\:30PM) (Building P)
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: October 7, 2019
Description:Description\:?The Team Leader, Antigen Production is to
provide technical direction and supervision in their assigned
biological production area according to company policies and
corporate business plans, to provide technical competence through
proper selection and training the work force, to ensure a safe work
place through proper training of the work force and to implement
and maintain compliance status (cGMP, OSHA) within the department.
Manages the documentation flowing in/out of the production floor
including, but not limited to, batch records, equipment logbooks,
etc.???As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively
contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our
products to our patients and customers. Our global presence
provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
employees.?Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise APU3 operations and personnel to include
communicating to management the status and/or progress of
departmental concerns, issues, employee actions, new ideas, and all
other relevant information to ensure success within the department.
Hire, train, coach and develop personnel within the department in
accordance with policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the activities and schedules of the department.
- Prepare and/or manage departmental budget and monitor
departmental expenses and capital projects.? Responsible for
purchase of operating supplies to include recommendations new or
replacement equipment.? Coordination of cycle counts in the
Department to control inventory in production areas.
- Accurate business function documentation management\:
Organize/prioritize batch record reviews as defined by Management
for completed production items.??
- Assist in the creation, review and approval relevant SOPs,
Controlled Forms and other business function documents to support
regulatory compliance, change controls and company driven
- Manage and maintain tracking system for department key
performance indicators. Provide data/metrics to Management
regarding individual, equipment, production trends; provide
recommendations to resolve errors.
- Troubleshoot production problems, document findings, and
implement solutions to resolve problems
- Investigate production process deviations.
- Ensure compliance with cGMP, APHIS, OSHA, EPA, EU, and JP
regulations pertaining to production process.Requirements\:
- Bachelor?s degree, from an accredited institution, in
Microbiology or related scientific field and a minimum of two (2)
years? experience in a? manufacturing environment or similar
production site OR High School Diploma plus six (6) years
progressive experience managing relevant production processes or
GMP regulated manufacturing environment in lieu of degree.?
- Experience must be inclusive of one (1) year leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coaching,
organization and teamwork skills.? Demonstrated ability and
aptitude to train and utilize workers in a multi-faceted
- Sound decision making skills with the ability to make decisions
quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient in Office software, including Microsoft
Project, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Bio-manufacturing or GMP regulated industry experience is
- Physical Demands/Surroundings\:?
- Writing and use of a computer keyboard frequently.
- Occasional use of personal protective equipment.
- Works in a manufacturing setting and technical environment
under desirable conditions with few or no disagreeable
- The individual will be required to enter production support
- Visual Demands
- Must be able to read and see clearly.?
- Vision clarity with or without correction to read handwritten
as well as computer generated documents.
- Temperaments/Mental Requirements
- Position requires the ability to handle projects
simultaneously.? May require occasional fast-paced periods to meet
deadlines or handle emergencies.? Also requires close
concentration, the ability to quickly analyze data and good
decision making capabilities.? Ability to work independently, in a
team atmosphere and with employees at all levels.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate workload.?
- May require off-shift work hours as job demands.Eligibility
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or olderOur Culture\:?Boehringer
Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a
privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and
long term view.? Our focus is on scientific discoveries that
improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical
company with the steady introduction of truly innovative
medicines.? Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held
pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's
20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.? At Boehringer Ingelheim,
we are committed to delivering value through innovation.? Employees
are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results.
Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the
highest levels of excellence in our industry.? Boehringer
Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.,
Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc.
andBoehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc.is an equal opportunity
employer. Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Person with a
Disability?Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a
safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our
employees, partners and customers.? As part of that commitment,
Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Saint Joseph , Team Leader, APU3 (Mon-Fri, 3PM-11\:30PM) (Building P), Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!