Director- Customer Service Capabilities
Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 22, 2019
Director- Customer Service Capabilities
The Director- Customer Service Capabilities is responsible for
significantly advancing the client and associate support teams'
ability to deliver intuitive and memorable service experiences
through the use of technology. Owns the implementation of new
capabilities that 1) enable greater self-service for clients in
multiple channels that can be measured by higher self-service rates
and higher client effort scores, and 2) enable greater agent
effectiveness that can be measured by higher first call resolution,
optimized handle times, and fewer negative experiences.
Responsible for bringing to life an intuitive servicing platform
for all agents that results in a simpler and better agent
experience which will translate into a better client
Direct, manage, and coach a team that defines, owns, and delivers
processes, tools, and solutions that make associate and client
service consistent and easy across all areas (Assisted, Financial
Services, DIY, and Associate support). This includes, but is not
limited to, defining and delivering a unified agent desktop,
defining and delivering consumable, Al-infused knowledge and
content for agent, client, or system consumption; and, enabling
more 'digital-first' self-service across all areas.
Works closely with the HRB Productivity team to integrate RPA, Al,
and other related technologies into our contact center processes to
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic Planning & Direction
- Meet with executive management, business representatives,
external partners, and various focus groups to receive feedback on
current systems, processes and procedures and to brainstorm
enhancements for future initiatives.
- Work closely with other leaders (operations, product,
technology and/or business unit) to understand end-to-end
requirements and ensure strategic initiatives are met through these
- Ensure that goals and objectives for the organization align
with strategic priorities.
- Understand how department programs and products can be applied
to improve tax operations productivity, and/or help the business
gain competitive advantages.
- Coordinate with external entities to design, develop and
implement new processes, products, or programs.
- Communicate effectively to ensure transparency, alignment,
awareness, and engagement
- Stay abreast of customer service trends and technology.
- Resource Management
- Provide leadership ongoing status updates. Collaborates across
departments on projects.
- Coach managers on supervising techniques, performance
management, and training options.
- Evaluate staffing needs and hire staff based on workload,
timeline, and priorities. Determine best staffing solution (i.e.,
contractor, temporary, or regular HRB associate).
- Monitor department productivity and provide staff members with
direction. Provide regular performance feedback to staff
- Conduct annual reviews, midyear conversations, and quarterly
check-ins. Ensure that the management staff does the same for their
- Financial/Budget Management
- Accountable for developing and managing an annual department
operating plan and associated budgets which are moderate to
significant in size and complexity.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets. Review and approve
staff requests. Approve supply order forms signed by department
managers; approve local purchases; and approve invoices for
- Operations/Project Management
- Participate in the program planning process with other members
of management and affected external partners.
- Develop proposals, statements of work, RFP's, and RFI's.
- Monitor operational and/or project schedules to ensure that
work is on track for timely completion with high quality.
- Ensure external partner and vendor coordination for processes
- Inform leadership and executives within various business units
of schedules and other pertinent operational details.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or the equivalent through a
combination of education and work experience.
- MBA or Masters' Degree preferred.
- Significant experience in area of expertise and/or
product/program management experience, typically 10+ years with
increasing levels of responsibility
- 5+ years people management experience
- Understands the value of easy associate/agent experiences and
how they impact client experiences
- Experience with contact center processes and technology
- Experience leading change in the contact center/service space
by delivering simple common processes, tools, and platforms with
- Ability to translate business strategy into
- Ability to guide groups toward a vision and identify/develop
- Experience with cost benefit analysis in preparing/reviewing
- Experience developing and managing a significant department
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence others across
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of schedules, tight
deadlines, and competitive demands
- Ability to work with external vendors
Corporate Job Categories
One H&R Block Way
About H&R Block...
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been
true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded
our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately
12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who
join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something
bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a
strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined,
forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our
leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much
Keywords: H&R Block, Saint Joseph , Director- Customer Service Capabilities, Hospitality & Tourism , Kansas City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!