Coffee Shop Barista - Part Time
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Job Title: Barista FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Coffee Shop Revision Date: 05/2015
As a Coffee Shop Barista, this position will be responsible for
reviewing and filling customer orders for the day, handling food in
a safe manner and ensuring the work area is always clean and neat.
Additionally you will ensure a positive company image by providing
courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers
and team members.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store
Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant
Managers, Coffee Shop Manager, Assistant Coffee Shop Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
??? escorting them to the products they're looking for
??? securing products that are out of reach
??? loading or unloading heavy items
??? making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
??? performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
5. Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking
6. Takes customer orders at the counter.
7. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
8. Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is
always clean and neat.
9. Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness.
10. Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and
develops or follows a production list.
11. Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
12. Prepares and replenishes product as necessary.
13. Checks in product, puts product away, and may review
14. Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes
change, etc., where applicable.
15. Removes trash in a timely manner.
16. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
17. Adheres to company policies and individual store
18. Reports to work when scheduled and on time
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Washes dishes as necessary.
2. Orders product and supplies as necessary.
3. Prices products for customers as necessary.
4. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
5. Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
Less than high school or equivalent experience and six months or
less of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of
more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with our without
correction, color vision, depth perception and field of
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching,
standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping,
feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store
environment. There is significant pressure to meet deadlines and
handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to noise, equipment
movement hazards, cleaning chemicals/solvents, and possible
electrical shock and temperature extremes.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Standard tools and equipment used in a coffee shop environment
including disposal, trash compactor, dishwasher, register system,
ice machines, pop machine, scales, and knives.
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has
contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Saint Joseph , Coffee Shop Barista - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!