PARAMEDIC / LPN-*$5000 SIGN ON BONUS*
Company: Interstate Blood Bank
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the
future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions
of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its
foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the
health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four
divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies -
develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and
services in more than 100 countries and regions.TOP $$ PAID-
- $5000 SIGN ON BONUS
- -APPLY OR CALL ME TODAY 984-400-3683Center Medical
SpecialistPrimary responsibilities for role:
- Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction
and responsiveness to customer needs.
- Builds rapport with donors to ensure overall customer
satisfaction with the center to support long term donation.
- Selection of suitable plasmapheresis donors by performing
physical examinations and taking medical histories on all donors
through the use of FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
Manual, current State and Federal guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, CGMP, all
internal company procedures and personal education and
- Responsible for donor awareness to potential hazards .
- Administration of donor consent form.
- Provides Donor education on trends identified regarding general
health assessment completed at the Center.
- Provides counseling to Donors regarding unacceptable test
- Evaluates and manages donor injuries and adverse events.
- Performs evaluations of any history of illness or medications
to ensure continued donor suitability.
- Ensures Donor medical information is complete and accurate
prior to donation.
- Review of donor screening test to ensure eligibility of
- Assists in employee training and coaching regarding medical
SOPs as necessary.
- Assists with the administration of employee Hepatitis Vaccine
- Maintain supplies necessary to perform job duties.
- Maintains and ensures proper sanitation and cleaning of
equipment and work areas between donors.
- Ensures Donor and Staff confidentiality.
- Reports all unsafe situations or conditions to Center
- Perform other duties as required.Job Requirements
- Educated and currently certified/licensed in the state of
employment and according to state requirements as an Advanced
Emergency Medical Technician (or equivalent) , Licensed Practical
Nurse, Licensed Vocation Nurse, Paramedic or Registered Nurse,
Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistant.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Requires 6 months of related experience providing medical care
and assessing patients. Plasma or whole blood experience
preferred.Attributes:Work is performed in a plasma center. Exposure
to biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious
organisms. Exposure to electrical office and laboratory equipment.
Exposure to extreme cold below 32 degrees F while performing
functions in plasma freezers. Personal protective equipment
required such as protective eyewear, garments, gloves and
cold-gear. Work is performed both standing and sitting for up to 2
to 4 hours per day each. The position does require bending and
twisting of neck up from 1 to 2 hours per day. Frequent hand
movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple,
movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Ability to make
precise coordinated movements, of the fingers to grasp and
manipulate objects. Frequent foot movement; may squat, crouch or
sit on one's heels on rare occasion. Occasionally walks, bends and
twists at waist. Light lifting of 15lbs. with a maximum lift of
50lbs. May reach below shoulder height. Hearing acuity essential.
Color perception/discrimination, near vision and far vision
correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye.
Able to communicate information and ideas so others will
understand; with the ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Works independently and within guidance of oral or written
instructions. Performs a wide range of tasks as dictated by
variable demands and changing conditions. Relates sensitive
information to diverse groups.EEO
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans\#IBBILearn more about
GrifolsReq ID: 296192Type: Regular Full-TimeJob Category:
Keywords: Interstate Blood Bank, Saint Joseph , PARAMEDIC / LPN-*$5000 SIGN ON BONUS*, Healthcare , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!