Director, Vaccine Production
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Description:Description\:?Directs aspects of Vaccine Production at
the site according to company policies and corporate business
plans.? Develops and manages multi-departmental capital and expense
budgets.? Provides technical competence and ensures a safe work
environment through appropriate workforce planning.? Implements
strategies to maintain compliance, reduce cost of goods and improve
production processes.? Represents BIVI Vaccine Production interests
to business contacts (customer, suppliers, etc.) externally and
internally within BIVI.??As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim,
you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and
delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global
presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
employees?Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Directly and indirectly supervises the Vaccine Production
operations at the site (Central Services, Antigen Production and
Blending) in order to produce high quality vaccines and ensure
supply of product according to production planning and
- Assist in the transfer of new products from Process Development
into production; manufacture qualifying/validation serials and
write corresponding reports for dossiers
- Ensures that the Vaccine Production areas maintain a state of
- Ensures that the departments meet safety goals.
- Provides development tools and direction to department staff
and hourly workforce to ensure efficient utilization of company
resources. Train personnel in scientific principles, project
management, GMPs, technical and business process requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring key subordinates are identified and
effective development plans are in place to ensure the success of
BIVI through employee retention and succession planning.
- Ensures that good labor relations are maintained in Vaccine
- Oversight of accurate inventories are maintained for all
Vaccine Production inventory, WIP and other components under the
- Lead Business Process Excellence initiatives to ensure the
development and implementation of new/automated processes and
strategies within Filling & Packaging to ensure efficiency,
production demand and regulatory compliance.
- Lead the department in the improvement of practices and
procedures related to product and process quality, cost, and
- Identify and troubleshoot problems in Vaccine Production areas;
document findings and implement solutions. Improve existing
operations through collaboration with process improvement groups
and project leaders.
- Prepares applicable annual departmental budgets and monitor
departmental expenses and capital projects.
- Performs Company business in accordance with all regulations
(e.g. FDA, EMEA, EU, APHIS, OSHSA, etc.) and Company policy and
- Demonstrated high ethical and professional standards with all
business contacts in order to maintain BIVI's excellent reputation
in the industry/community.Requirements\:
- BS/MS from an accredited institution in Biological Sciences,
Business Management, or in Pharmaceutical Technology or related
field and ten plus (10+) years? experience within a GMP biological
vaccine and/or pharmaceutical production environment.
- Minimum six plus (6+) years of experience must have been in a
leadership role managing a substantial number of people.?
- Thorough understanding of ERP and automated process control
systems; preferably SAP.?
- Technical knowledge of the manufacturing processes used in the
fabrication of aseptic filling, packaging components and all
operations necessary to produce high quality vaccines and sterile
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data and formulate logical
conclusions and recommendations.? Excellent management, verbal and
written communication skills.?
- Must be able to interface with personnel at all levels and lead
teams to achieve results.
- Key Production liaison for inspections by any global regulatory
agency including EMEA, USDA, JMAFF etc. Shares expertise and
represents the Global Animal Health interests in Vaccine
Production.?Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities\:
- Experience in audits of international regulatory agencies
- A thorough understanding of Biological production processes and
- Continuous improvement process knowledge
- Risk managementEligibility Requirements\:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or olderOur Culture\:?Boehringer
Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a
privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and
long term view.? Our focus is on scientific discoveries that
improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical
company with the steady introduction of truly innovative
medicines.? Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held
pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's
20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.? At Boehringer Ingelheim,
we are committed to delivering value through innovation.? Employees
are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results.
Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the
highest levels of excellence in our industry.? Boehringer
Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.,
Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc.
andBoehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc.is an equal opportunity
employer - Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Person with a
Disability?Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a
safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our
employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment,
Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Saint Joseph , Director, Vaccine Production, Executive , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!