Grooming Salon Leader (Manager) - 1635 - St.
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Healthier pets. Happier people. Better world. Our vision might
sound lofty, but we believe its attainable when we obsess about
providing complete care for our amazing pets. Our approach goes far
beyond addressing our animals basic needs to support their
physical, mental, social, and emotional needs. By being sure we
take all of these elements into consideration, we can help pet
parents take the very best care of their pets. Our obsession with
delivering the very best experiences for pets and their parents
guides all we do. From our convenient, affordable pet salon
services to our extensive array of training classes and workshops,
we always make sure to keep our commitment to healthy, happy pets
front and center. Purpose Statement Promotes and ensures the
efficient and effective operations of the Grooming Salon.
Responsible for achieving targeted goals of the grooming salon to
include budgeted sales goals, gross margin to budget, labor
percentage to budget, promoter metrics, supply costs, staffing and
oversees the daily operations of the salon. Through the lens of our
Petco Co-Values, ensures the health, welfare and proper care of all
live animals. Provides grooming services that align with brand
promise. Provides training, feedback and coaching for Pet Stylists,
Pet Stylist Apprentices, Grooming Salon Apprentices and Grooming
Assistants. Ensures the safety of both salon partners and pets.
This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that may be
covered by Petco operational standards, policies and procedures.
The Grooming Salon Leader is responsible for the welfare of all
live animals Grooming Salon. Key Accountabilities The incumbent
must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and
responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ensure the health and well-being of live animals by providing
the correct care in accordance with the established Petco
standards, policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
- Supervises the daily operations of the grooming salon.
- Professionally manages and performs grooming services including
brushing, bathing, ear and teeth cleaning, expression of anal
glands, & trimming nails. Follow owner's instructions and/or Breed
Profiles/Standards when clipping or trimming an animals coat.
Ensure the safety and well-being of animals.
- Completes personal & salon partners daily grooming sales
paperwork(s). Reviews all grooming partners paperwork(s) daily to
ensure the proper sales are recorded on each pet before turning in
to the store leader.
- Orders supplies as necessary for the grooming salon. In
partnership with the Guest Experience Leader, provides and properly
maintains clippers, blades, and other hand tools required to
perform grooming services.
- Assists with building the grooming business (IE: Reminder
calls, Book-a-Bath, 3 With Me Greet guests on the sales floor and
or during vaccination clinics to promote grooming services).
- Ensures Grooming Salon cleanliness, performs routine
housekeeping to maintain appearance of the Grooming Salon to Petco
- Provides courteous service to all guests by utilizing the
GUEST+ Model in the salon.
- Exhibits a high level interest in animal welfare.
- Adheres to and promotes established safety procedures and
maintenance of clean, safe and healthy environment for store
partners, guests and animals.
- Adheres to loss prevention policies.
- Interacts professionally and effectively through verbal and
written communication with internal and external partners and
- Ensures that the salon is staffed and properly trained to offer
grooming services during all hours of operations.
- Directly supervises the Grooming Salon partners.
- Meets grooming sales projections, controls payroll and expenses
to meet budget, maintains daily and weekly records, schedules guest
grooming appointments, assists in preparation of bi-weekly work
- Analyzes reports to assess the state of the business and
develops action plans to improve where needed to achieve budgets
- Assists the Guest Experience Leader and/or Store Leader in
recruiting and hiring Grooming Salon partners.
- Provides orientation and training to all new Grooming Salon
partners and monitors productivity.
- Identifies all situations and/or conditions that negatively
affect the Grooming Salon to the Guest Experience Leader, Store
Leader and/or Leader on Duty.
- Collaborates with store Partners to ensure an exceptional guest
experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, to include but not
limited to Instacart, Extended Aisle, and Repeat Delivery.
- Performs activities to maintain a knowledge and understanding
of Store Sales and Margin reports and data.
- Applies a talent management skill set within the scope of
recruiting, hiring, training, work scheduling, coaching and
- In partnership with store leaders, recruits, hires and develops
a team focus on building long-term guest relationships.
- Trains and coaches proper safety procedures to all grooming
salon partners, to provide the best pet and Partner experience
focusing on the health & wellness of both the pet and the
- Reviews Partner Promoter survey results with SL and GEL and
works with salon staff to develop action plans. Supervisory
Responsibility Directly supervise all Grooming Salon partners.
Provide guidance and training to salon staff. Test potential
applicants for grooming procedures and evaluate skills on other job
related tasks. Complete performance evaluations for all salon
partners. Work Environment The majority of job duties are conducted
indoors in the grooming salon. Position requires bending, kneeling,
lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long
periods of time. A large amount of this partners time will be spent
in direct contact with our guests and their dogs and the remaining
time will be with the other salon and store partners. The work
environment can be noisy and wet. Improper use of safety equipment
and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of
injury to customers, pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety
precautions and procedures.Education and Experience Minimum high
school diploma (its equivalency i.e. GED) or the equivalent work
experience. Some college level business/management courses is
preferred. 5 years experience in guest service roles as a store
partner is preferred. Experience supervising partners, or
demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales
techniques, and analytical abilities is preferred. Minimum two
years experience in all breeds grooming is required. Experience
monitoring and providing direction to Grooming partners is
preferred. Previous supervisory experience and prior retail
experience are preferred.
Keywords: Petco, Saint Joseph , Grooming Salon Leader (Manager) - 1635 - St., Executive , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!