Assistant Plant Manager
Company: Seaboard Foods
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: January 5, 2019
SUMMARY: If you are a curious and driven person, there's a place for you at Seaboard Foods to share new ideas, drive innovation and be a part of a dynamic team. The Assistant Plant Manager is responsible for overseeing plant operations by working with and directing the daily activities of the operations, maintenance, and shipping departments, to ensure that production targets and goals are safely and consistently met, as set by HPB Management.
YOU\'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* You will ensure day-to-day plant production operations are optimal by identifying problems, developing, implementing and ensuring all corrective and preventative measures are in place.
* You will ensure operations personnel follow all SOPs for safe startup, operation, and shutdown of the plant.
* You will coordinate professional development and training of new and current employees.
* You will assist in the planning and implementation for all preventative maintenance for the facility to ensure optimal production.
* You will serve as the operational representative for all plant repairs, upgrades and expansions. Including participation in discussions and meetings.
* You will complete regular reporting obligations (production, health and safety, environmental compliance, budget, etc.). Accuracy and timeliness of reporting is critical.
* You will ensure oversight of shipping/receiving department.
* You will ensure communication is clear with customers, suppliers, vendors, regional maintenance support, and all support staff.
* You must have the ability to understand, support and maintain the BQ9000 Quality Program.
* You will assist with project management, i.e. planning, gathering quotes, writing AR's, and seeing the project work through to completion.
* You will implement and maintain environmental compliance and safety programs in accordance with federal, state and local laws and safety/environmental regulations.
WE WANT SOMEONE WHO:
* Is curious, driven and will question practices.
* Is passionate about driving high quality pork products from the farm to beyond the table.
* Can impact our organization by navigating through interesting and challenging opportunities.
* A Bachelor of Science degree preferred; or five (5) years related experience and/or training in leadership roles; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
* Your impact: You will ensure consistency in production by assisting the plant manager to oversee that all employees are following and meeting all safety and environmental goals within the bioenergy facility.
* Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
* Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS:
As part of a uniquely connected food system, Seaboard Foods controls every step of the process to create the most sought-after pork. More than 5,000 employees in six states work in the company's farms, feed mills, and pork processing plant to produce Prairie Fresh(R) pork, as well as at Seaboard Foods' wholly owned subsidiary High Plains Bioenergy, which produces biogas, biodiesel and compressed natural gas (CNG). The company is a top U.S. pork producer and processor and a leading exporter of pork to more than 30 countries. Because its pork products are served to diverse global consumers, Seaboard Foods is committed to the continual pursuit of pork perfection by seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between its farms and family tables around the world. This ensures the well-being of its animals, the environment, its employees and the communities they call home.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Visit the following URL for ore information:
Keywords: Seaboard Foods, Saint Joseph , Assistant Plant Manager, Executive , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!