Manager Technical Services
Company: 0090 The Hillshire Brands Company
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: September 12, 2023
The Manager of Technical Services provides leadership and guidance
for the execution and implementation of new products, line
extensions, facility product and process qualifications, and
product and process design modification. This position works
cross-functionally within facilities and across Tyson Prepared
Foods to realize product design which meets all requisite company,
customer and consumer requirements. Leadership and guidance is
provided to R&D, Quality and Production teams. The manager
serves as a product line authority for assigned product categories
within assigned facilities and across the network of Tyson Prepared
Foods facilities and Co-manufactures. They develop and evaluate new
and improved manufacturing processes. The manager provides facility
and product information to facility, corporate supply chain and
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in the commercialization of new or
transferred products, establishing test design, forming teams as
required for successful start-ups.
- Identifies and execute opportunities for process improvement,
value added new technology, cost reduction and overall
- Provide leadership and technical support to Supply Chain for
the resolution of product quality issues and manufacturing issues,
pulling together R&D, QA, Operations, Purchasing, Marketing and
other department as necessary.
- Collect data, run tests and conduct experiments to develop
resolution to problems.
- Assure our plants have updated manufacturing instructions for
products and processes within assigned product categories.
- Key resource in the establishment and maintenance of product
specifications for raw materials, packing, new and existing
- Manages multiple product and process development projects, some
of complex nature. Applies knowledge of research methods, food
science, and process technology to develop improved products, new
or improved processes, and cost savings.
- Projects may include multiple production facilities and/or
co-manufactures and may require traveling to these facilities.
- Documents, summarizes, recommends status and next steps for
- Provide support as technical liaison between brand groups,
R&D and engineering on capital projects.
- Keeps abreast of latest food and meat science research,
processing methods, quality control tools and product development
- Assist in planning and formulating various aspects of research
and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project,
costs of project and equipment resources requirements.
- Work with the Regulatory Compliance team and packaging
engineering to ensure that finished product labeling is appropriate
and in compliance all relevant regulations.
- Collaborate with Food Safety help ensure that all physical,
analytical and microbiological testing of raw materials and
finished products are completed as required.
- Collaborate with the QA team to help in determining and
implementing appropriate quality standards and measures for
existing and new products and product lines including process
capability studies when required.
- Collaborate with Purchasing to approve alternate sources of raw
materials and co-packed items.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Meat Science, Biology,
Chemistry, Engineering or related discipline; advanced degree a
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive responsibility in technical
areas of food processing, quality or R&D management.
- Consideration for experience and proven success in related
- Proven leadership and communication skills.
- Proven track record of process capability assessment, SPC,
experimental design and process development.
- Strong working knowledge and demonstrated experience in Quality
Control and HACCP principals.
- Strong working knowledge and demonstrated experience in product
- Self-motivated, high energy team player.
- Strong, proven project management skills; interpersonal skills;
can translate technical knowledge to a variety of listeners with
- Demonstration of successful new product scale up to plant
- Computer skills, including project managements and SPC
- Must submit a resume in .pdf or Word format to be
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting
your application to provide additional information to be considered
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off;
401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and
prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to
learn more about what categories of personal information we collect
when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information,
please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here
Keywords: 0090 The Hillshire Brands Company, Saint Joseph , Manager Technical Services, Executive , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!