Company: Ventura Foods
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Summary:Responsible for working with all department
managers to develop site capital plan, including management,
design, costing, RFE preparation, construction, start up, and
optimization. The Engineering Manager is also responsible for
supporting any major maintenance expense projects and contributes
to the overall site strategy. Provides engineering and processing
expertise to other site personnel monitors energy utilization, and
is the process owner for the site infrastructure including the
ammonia system, waste water system, power distribution, steam
generation, and electrical controls. Also expected to contribute to
projects that improve safety, reduce costs, improve SIS, and
minimizes regulatory risk.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in Continuous improvement processes for equipment
reliability. Including: PM improvement activities, root cause
problem solving, real time downtime analysis, throughput
improvement, error proofing.
- Coordinate all aspects of Capital management including
preparation of RFE's, obtain quotes, and estimates of project costs
and completion. Responsible to manage projects to budget of
approved RFE. Utilize in-plant personnel and outside contractors
for installation and completion of capital projects.
- Implement energy and utility improvements through data
acquisition and analysis of energy and waste streams. Evaluate
processes to continuously reduce consumption.
- Responsible for maintaining OSHA compliancy with all regulatory
requirements and mandates from Corporate. Duties include planning
and scheduling all required and necessary safety training. .
Examples, but not limited to; Hazardous release, Hot Work, Confined
Space, SPCC, & NFPA 70E arc flash and lock out/tag out program.
Filing and archiving all training documents, for OSHA visits and
- Responsible for DEP/EPA form filing. 25R, 26R, 330, 330 GM,
Tier II forms, Form R and other documents. Responsible for updating
permit activity such as : Storm Water, Air Quality, Wastewater
permits. Staying current with new Safety/Environmental mandates
and/our laws, including any posted information that's required.
Maintain compliance on SWPPP(storm water pollution prevention plan)
Remain current with SPCC (spill prevention control
- Investigate and lead all investigations of near misses and
accidents in the facility.
- Responsible for Food Safety, by following & assuring compliance
and implementation of all company policies including Safety & HR
policies, procedures, all applicable food regulations, including
all current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain and update all drawings of the facility and
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ plus years experience in a manufacturing industry other
- Project management experience.
- Budgetary & planning experience.
- Change management experience.
- Food or beverage manufacturing a huge plus.
- TPM AM pillar experience highly preferred.
- Controls experience (i.e. Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must understand process operations and be able to identify
processing and mechanical inefficiencies.
- Must have a background including waster water management,
safety, as well as ammonia refrigeration experiences.
- Ability to work with plant management personnel, outside
vendors and suppliers to identify, install, start-up an optimize
process improvements and facility improvements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, AutoCAD, and
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Ventura Foods, Saint Joseph , Engineering Manager, Executive , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!