Vice President, Enterprise Project Management (15831)
Company: CareOregon Inc
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Title of Manager: Chief Operations Officer Supervises: Project
Management & Process Improvement Team Exemption Status: Exempt
Requisition: 15831 General Statement of Duties The Vice President
of Enterprise Project Management (EPM) is responsible for leading
the project management and process improvement functions for the
organization. Primary duties include technical leadership and
strategic planning, as well as development and oversight of
resources, relationships, and successful teams. This position is
responsible for ensuring efficient, successful, and on-time
delivery of enterprise projects. The majority of time is focused on
enterprise-wide engagement, with secondary time on business group
oversight. This position leads and participates in strategic
planning and collaboration at the organizational level. Essential
Position Functions Technical Leadership
- Facilitates project success through effective monitoring,
governance, and appropriate use of project and process improvement
methodologies, tools and procedures; oversees enterprise project
schedule, status tracking, and reporting processes; monitors
enterprise project performance against milestones and goals.
- Expands, improves, and leads project management and process
improvement competency, training, and capabilities of the
organization; ensures projects are appropriately staffed and
required roles defined
- Ensures appropriate management and oversight of key
interdependencies between projects--and departments at the
enterprise level; assists to resolve or escalate critical project
risks and issues for mitigation and resolution.
- Leads and maintains reporting on enterprise project risks and
risk management plans; establishes issue escalation protocols for
- Integrates continuous improvement, lessons learned, and current
best practices to enterprise project management and process
- Defines operational structure for areas of oversight and
approves EPM policies.
- Ensures all EPM procedures and practices drive operational
excellence, quality, and operational efficiencies. Strategic
- Leads the development of vision, and goals, for project
management and process improvement work of the enterprise.
- Develops and oversees the enterprise project portfolio; leads
enterprise project strategic planning efforts for the
- Participates in the strategic planning process for the
- Facilitates strategic project and resource allocation and
- Develops and ensures effective project methodologies,
procedures, and metrics exist to enable efficient and successful
project scoping, solution design, testing, implementation, and
transition to on-going operations.
- Develops department budget in alignment with enterprise
- Ensures teams have sufficient resources to perform their
- Ensures budgets are monitored and managed effectively across
areas of oversight.
- Approves resource allocations within budget, including people,
finances, and timelines; makes decisions on exceptions.
- Ensures strategic messages are regularly and effectively
relayed to management team and staff; promotes transparency.
- Leverages current relationships and forges new relationships
with community partners, vendors, and other constituents in
alignment with organizational direction and priorities.
- Collaborates with leaders across the organization in
identifying integrated improvement strategies and ensuring
- Represents the organization in external meetings and functions,
providing strong leadership presence and effectiveness.
- Directs teams and establishes team and management direction and
goals; ensures the measurement and evaluation of results
- Provides team members with ongoing understanding of the
strategic direction of the organization.
- Performs employment functions in collaboration with Human
Resources, including staffing, recruitment, performance management,
professional development, and termination.
- Coaches, supports, inspires, and recognizes staff.
- Creates opportunities for professional development.
- Ensures participation in training initiatives and
organizational activities, as well as adherence to external
regulations and internal policies.
- Fosters a culture of success in alignment with the
organizational mission, vision, and values.
- Models effective leadership qualities, including written and
verbal communication and promoting a collaborative work culture
Essential Organizational Functions
- Supports and operates in alignment with the organization's core
- Strives to meet work goals that contribute to departmental and
- Adheres to organizational standards, policies and procedures,
as well as compliance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to align strategic objectives, establish goals, and
effectively lead an EPM within a healthcare organization in
collaboration with peers and executive leadership
- Project leadership skills in the oversight and execution of
large-scale, concurrent projects
- Strong understanding of financial structures, fiscal
responsibility, and the resource impact of business decisions
- Knowledge of project management principles, such as those
defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Project
Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Knowledge and experience with agile methodology ; ability to
implement, adapt, and tailor project methodologies and processes
based on organizational needs and culture
- Knowledge and/or experience in applying Lean Six Sigma process
improvement and principles
- Knowledge and experience with portfolio, project management,
resource management, and scheduling software tools
- Knowledge of the health insurance industry and systems;
understanding of managed care in Oregon preferred
- Ability to think and operate strategically and beyond areas of
- Ability to effectively convey organizational mission, vision,
and goals ensuring integration into strategic plans and
- Ability to work across the organization to mature and
standardize scope, schedule and budget capabilities
- Vision and capability to implement project management tools
organization wide, including training and organizational change
management skills and approaches
- Ability to develop and oversee implementation new approaches,
processes and methodologies
- Ability to develop and lead high performing teams, including
hiring, goal setting, coaching, performance management, and
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
writing, including excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build, maintain, and leverage professional
relationships with business, community and internal management
- Consensus building skills; ability to negotiate favorable
- Skilled in how to confidently diffuse difficult situations and
expertly resolve high exposure complaints
- Ability to work in an environment with diverse individuals and
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheet and word
processing Physical Skills and Abilities Required Lifting/Carrying
up to 0 Pounds Pushing/Pulling up to 0 Pounds Pinching/Retrieving
Small Objects Crouching/Crawling Reaching Above Shoulders
Shoulder/Neck Movement 0 hours/day 0 hours/day 0 hours/day 0
hours/day 0 hours/day 0 hours/day 3-6 hours/day Standing Walking
Reading Hearing Speaking Clearly 0 hours/day 0 hours/day 0
hours/day 0 hours/day More than 6 hours/day More than 6 hours/day
More than 6 hours/day 3-6 hours/day Cognitive and Other Skills and
Abilities Required Ability to focus on and comprehend information,
learn new skills and abilities, assess a situation and seek or
determine appropriate resolution, accept managerial direction and
feedback, and tolerate and manage stress. Education and/or
- Minimum 10 years' experience relating to project and/or process
management, including experience overseeing large-scale, concurrent
projects, as well as experience with Agile methodology and Lean Six
Sigma process improvement and principles
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing people
- Experience in the healthcare industry Preferred:
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business,
Health Care Administration, or related field
- Project management certification Working Conditions
- Environment: This position's primary responsibilities typically
take place in the following environment(s) (check all that apply on
a regular basis):
- Travel: This position may include occasional required or
optional travel outside of the workplace, in which the employee's
personal vehicle, local transit, or other means of transportation
may be used.
- Equipment: General office equipment Candidates of color are
strongly encouraged to apply. CareOregon is committed to building a
linguistically and culturally diverse and inclusive work
environment Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.-- Equal
opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: CareOregon Inc, Saint Joseph , Vice President, Enterprise Project Management (15831), Executive , Oregon, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!