Company: EyeCare Partners
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: February 7, 2020
Job Title: Assistant Optical Manager Reports to: Office Manager
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt Schedule: Varies; Must be
able to work Saturdays Travel: This position is expected to travel
less than 5%. -- Summary The Assistant Optical Manager assists
patients in the daily sale of optical wear. In the absence of the
Office Manager, the Assistant Manager will provide direction and
guidance to the other optical staff in regards to store operations,
sales, and compliance. In addition, the Assistant Manager will
partner with the manager to coach, train, and develop staff.-- --
- Customer service is the primary responsibility of this
- Being open and honest in communication and maintaining a
friendly, pleasant demeanor with patients at all time.
- Listening and responding immediately with appropriate level of
concern to all customer needs.
- Provide support to customers in: making eyeglass adjustments,
taking measurements, reading prescriptions on the lensometer,
timely notification of product readiness, and proper handling of
all money-related transactions.
- Execute day-to-day operations of the office by ensuring the
following is completed:
- Employee scheduling, weekly meetings, report generation,
inventory assessment, supply ordering, employee training and other
duties as assigned or needed within the office.
- This position will have access to patient information,
therefore a high degree of discretion and adhering to all privacy
and confidential/propriety company policies and procedures is
required (i.e. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act,
known as HIPAA).
- Processing and verifying all third-party insurance payment
- This position will be responsible for store opening and closing
procedures at the end of the shift in the absence of the Optical
- Ensures that accurate funds are collected and payments are made
at the point of service.
- Other duties as assigned by Office Manager. -- Supervisory
- This position assists with the supervision all employees in the
store and assists the Office Manager with performance management,
hiring decisions, terminations, recommendation for promotions, and
- Assists in supervising office staff and ensures all store
procedures are being followed in the absence of the Manager.
- Provide guidance on optical equipment usage, proper medical
chart handling, insurance, and billing, frame and contact lens
selection, policies and procedures, and computer software.
- Actively trains employees on how to provide a world-class
- Motivates employees by remaining positive and communicating any
changes or news in a supportive and constructive way.
- Leads the office by guiding them to success through focused
support and coaching.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.-- -- Required Education and Experience----
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Strong supervisory skills. Previous leadership experience
supervising a team of two or more people a plus.
- Prior sales experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer applications and operations for
sales, ordering, timekeeping and administrative tasks. -- Other
Required Skills and Abilities
- Reliable transportation that would allow employee to go to
multiple work locations with minimal notice when applicable.
- Ability to handle escalated issues and provide positive
- Desire to gain industry knowledge and training.
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals.
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being
team-oriented and patient-focused.
- Commitment to work over 40 hours to meet the needs of the
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a
courteous, professional manner at all times.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Interest in and a strong sense of fashion and trends.
- Ability to work as a team member required.
- Must be able to stand/walk/sit for increments of 4 hours or
more.-- -- Work Environment--
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopier, filing cabinets and fax machines.-- --
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.--
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to
finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to move and lift up to 20 pounds.-- -- -- If you
need assistance with this application, please contact (636)
227-2600 Please do not contact the office directly --- only resumes
submitted through this website will be considered. -- EyeCare
Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
applicants will be considered for employment without attention to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Keywords: EyeCare Partners, Saint Joseph , Assistant Manager, Executive , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!