Manufacturing Engineer III
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
PDS Tech is seeking Manufacturing Engineer III--for open
positions Savannah, GA
Work/Lead independently to prepare, conduct, and evaluate analyses
for planning improvements and problem solving for manufacturing
issues (production methods and procedures) in a specific function
(including layout, production flow, tooling and production
equipment, material fabrication, assembly methods and planning) in
a Production or Post-Production environment.
- Perform technical studies of complex nature, conduct analysis
of operations (existing or proposed). Prepare a report of
recommendations for equipment needed and correct methods of
manufacturing (including sequence of operations and detailed
methodology of complex assemblies and installations as well as
- Author detailed work instructions that optimize manufacturing
process efficiency and opportunity for zero defects with functional
Operations Engineer. 19. Author DRDI/DMT rework instructions to
support effective corrective actions. 20. Author MBOM in
SAP/Solumina/Corridor (as applicable) to ensure all parts defined
by Engineering are installed during the assembly/installation
process. 21. Generate make-or-buy proposals and recommend
corrective actions for areas of responsibility; evaluate vendors,
attend vendor negotiations, and assist in resolving problems.
- Conduct research, investigation, and analysis in connection
with assigned planning or other assigned projects, to ensure
conformance to requirements.
- Investigate and assist in preparing justification for equipment
and facility requests.
- Perform productibility studies from engineering drawings.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future Manufacturing
requirements; make necessary computer inputs and generate data or
reports as needed.
- Prioritize workloads based on schedules and needs; provide
completion dates and work estimates based on available resources,
past performance schedules, etc.
- Keep current on state-of-the-art manufacturing
- Incorporate Lean Manufacturing Methodology into existing and
- Develop business case and present to management for process
- Assume the duties of the ME Group Head in his/her absence.
- Assign and review work of subordinate personnel.
- Supervise and train subordinates in work methods and procedures
in the efficient and effective use of company resources to resolve
work-related or quality problems.--
- Lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma principles to manufacturing methods as
a team member/leader.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives.
Qualifications Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or
related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education
and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential
functions of the job.
- 4 years manufacturing engineering, planning, or related
technical experience. Structures planning and manufacturing
modeling experience preferred. Other Requirements:
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Lean and/or Six Sigma
principles and processes.
- Knowledgeable of Engineering configuration requirements,
tooling, quality control, plant safety, blueprint reading, and shop
- Ability to operate computerized equipment, such as personal
computers, CADAM, CATIA, Solumina, SAP, Corridor.
- Complete understanding and experience implementing Lean
Manufacturing Concepts: 5S, JIT, SMED, KanBan, VSM, One Piece Flow,
- Working knowledge of Six-Sigma or other data-driven decision
making experience highly desirable. 6. Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt,
equivalent certification, or proven experience in a Lean Six-Sigma
environment highly desirable. More Details PDS Tech, Inc. is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status. Founded in 1977,
PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing
firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look
at where we are . If you have questions, please click here to
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking
employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us.
We will make a determination on your request for reasonable
accommodation on a case-by-case basis. The law requires PDS Tech,
Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job
discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and
protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law
and EEO is the Law Supplement PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or
in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants
because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own
pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
for more information. As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is
required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm
eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify
Connecting the Right People to the Right Jobs SM
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., Saint Joseph , Manufacturing Engineer III, Engineering , Savannah, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!