Company: Grand Performer, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The Kessler Collection is a portfolio of luxury boutique hotels,
unique restaurants and artful experiences with a Bohemian twist.
The collection's captivating hotels feature curated art and are
located in culture-rich destinations. And our Grand Performers
deliver the brand in extraordinary ways, inviting guests to wander
so they may be inspired. Location: Mansion on Forsyth Park -
Savannah, Georgia Job Title: Chief Engineer Employment Status:
Full-Time Pay Type / FLSA Status: Salaried (Exempt) Available
Shift: All Shifts / Flexible # of Openings: 1 Requisition Number:
8673 Description Objective / Purpose The overall objective and
purpose of the Chief Engineer position is to coordinate, supervise
and direct all engineering/maintenance operations, including
maintaining the building, grounds, and physical plant with
particular attention towards safety, security, and asset
protection. The incumbent is responsible for managing the budget,
capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance, and energy
conservation. They are to provide inspiring and strategic
leadership while directing the activities of the Engineers in
support of the mission, core values, standards and goals
established by the company. Areas of Responsibility (AOR) Pri mary
areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the
- Oversee the Engineering department operations, ensuring
implementation and execution of KQA and BSA standards
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and
protect Company assets
- Maintain the integrity of our guests' privacy, including
confidentiality of personal information as well as key control
- Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned
- Provides reports on the status of project milestones and
adjusts schedules accordingly
- Controls expenditures within limitations of budget
- Supervises Grand Performers' ability to execute department and
hotel emergency procedures
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed
- Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration,
HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety
- Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness,
efficiency, and safety
- Establishes and manages an effective room's maintenance
- Ensures regulatory compliance to facility regulations and
- Establishes priorities for total hotel maintenance needs
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required
- Maintains complete knowledge and ensure compliance of company
policies and standard operating procedures
- Conduct monthly meetings with subordinates to proactively solve
problems, respond to questions and create a positive and productive
- Train, mentor, and develop Grand Performers to the standards of
a world class property and intuitive service experience. Assist in
developing leaders and bench strength through the implementation of
the Job Coach program
- Conduct Grand Performer coaching and counseling
- Conduct interviews and select candidates who fit our "best of
the best" model
- Provide ongoing recognition per the Company recognition
- Effectively plans, schedules, and evaluates preventative
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities in
order to determine the type of work required
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as
painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of
furnishings and equipment
- Selects and orders or purchases new equipment, supplies, and
- All other duties as assigned, planned or unplanned To perform
this role successfully, an individual must have experience
achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The
requirements listed below are representative of observable
behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of
a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans
in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not
to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective
meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes
while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent
to build high level performance and consistency throughout
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources
to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment. Supervisory
Responsibilities Supervisory and leadership responsibilities
include achieving results through providing direction and
accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture
and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Engineer 1 / Entry Level--
- Security Supervisor-- Standards & Culture Individuals must
serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our
standards. Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated
and purposeful in their communication and body language
- 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky
California Free Spirit Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the
guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate
- Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank
- Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do
Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and
consistently beat our best for even better.
- Be Aligned: Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and
achieve results in the Kessler way.
- Be Accountable: Have courage, accept responsibility for actions
and/or inactions and expect others to do the same. Key
Partnerships: To perform this role successfully, an individual must
cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals
to achieve alignment and support.
- General Manager
- Director of Human Resources
- Property OPS Leadership team Minimum Qualifications Education,
License, Certifications, Experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
- Trade related certifications - preferred Work Environment /
Conditions The work environment/conditions described herein are
representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant
noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and
deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism &
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands
in excess of 40 hours with or without notice. Physical Demands The
physical demands described herein are representative of those that
must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is
regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is
regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other
means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing
for long and short periods of time.
Keywords: Grand Performer, Inc., Saint Joseph , Chief Engineer, Engineering , Savannah, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!