Company: Grant Company
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: November 30, 2019
Grant Company, a creative services group based in Saint Joseph,
Mo.,is seeking a full-time Graphic Designer. This position will be
the primary point person in the design and production of a monthly
magazine. To be successful, you'll need to be a detail-oriented
self-starter, capable of consistently producing high-quality and
engaging layouts - while meeting and exceeding production deadlines
and client expectations. Proven organizational capabilities are
essential. The Graphic Designer must be a professional, timely and
positive representative of Grant Co., and demonstrate the ability
to succeed in a collaborative, creative and fast-paced team.
Overview:Working primarily with the Editor, the Graphic Designer is
responsible for producing top-flight, innovative and engaging
editorial and advertising designs that attract readers, build
engagement and strengthen the standing of the publication. The
Graphic Designer balances an array of responsibilities, including
the ongoing organization of each magazine issue's advertising and
editorial assets, pagination, design and printer submission.In
addition to working with the Editor, the Graphic Designer
communicates regularly with the sales manager to ensure advertising
materials are received, designed and properly placed. The Graphic
Designer will be required to travel approximately 10 days per year
to ensure the successful execution of projects, although travel
requirements will vary. Occasionally, some work may be conducted on
farms and ranches and could potentially require some physical
Primary responsibilities include:
- Designing all editorial pages, and advertising pages when
- Paging the magazine.
- Organizing editorial and advertising assets.
- Working daily with the Editor and other team members to
evaluate workflows and deadlines, providing production updates and
ensuring deadlines are met.
- Providing input on and ideas for the magazine's rebranding and
- Introducing and applying expert creative direction to the
publication's visual elements.
- Ensuring a high standard of visual execution.
- Developing ways to incorporate emerging technologies to improve
the publication's accuracy and production efficiency.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign,
Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge of InCopy is helpful.
- A strong knowledge of typography, image manipulation,
illustration and animation
- A broad understanding of design and layout
- Experience with pagination of large publications
- The ability to generate a reliable supply of original ideas and
- A keen eye for visual details and accuracy
- Confidence to explain and support thinking, both internally and
- Adept at presenting creative work in an inspiring way
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt ideas to meet
- An ability to work at a very tactical and strategic level
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality work
to tight deadlines
- A strong knowledge of digital media and evolving online
- A passion for advertising, communications and magazine
Experience:-- Associates or bachelor's degree in graphic design or
related field-- 5 to 7 years of industry work experience, including
magazine layout experience -- Background in agriculture-related
fields is beneficial, but not mandatory
Interested applicants may send a cover letter, resume and work
samples to Eric Grant, managing director, at .
Keywords: Grant Company, Saint Joseph , Graphic Designer, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Saint Joseph, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!